Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

seamus wrote: »
    "I'm sorry I couldn't get away with it mom, now I don't want to face the consequences".

Just a horrible, horrible individual, just like her father.

The apple never falls far from the tree as they say.

Two extremely unpleasant people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Pipmae

State attorney now reading a letter from Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 9,845 ✭✭✭billyhead

Delighted with this result. I was thinking that she would go free and he would get manslaughter. Justice has been served. She reminds me of Sharon Stone form Basin Instinct for some reason. A cold hearted good looking murderous bit*h:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Is there somewhere we can watch this? Tried the news channels but couldn't see anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She actually said that?! What a scumbag.

No, she didn't say that. She said what I quoted but seamus has it spot on that that's exactly what she meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"I'm sorry I couldn't get away with it mom, now I don't want to face the consequences".

Just a horrible, horrible individual, just like her father.

where are you getting that quote from?

Pipmae wrote: »
    State attorney now reading a letter from Jack

How old is Jack again? He must have had help writing that letter... At least he's letting her know that he'll never want anything to do with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Is there somewhere we can watch this? Tried the news channels but couldn't see anything

Follow this reporter, he's in the courtroom. I don't think there's cameras allowed in.

That letter from the son was heartbreaking stuff.

It's not a direct quote.

I think Seamus is reading between the lines here.....and he's hit the nail on the head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

There is a God after all...

Thank you God.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Missix

PandaPoo wrote: »

Live tweeting from the courtroom

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Missix

Missix wrote: »
    Live tweeting from the courtroom

https://twitter.com/alexrosenews?lang=en

forgot to include the link,sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Tracey reads Father's words "It was very hard because I had to watch Molly and Thomas Martens carry on as if nothing had happened. I miss Jason so much,"
    I understand what he means.
    424728.JPG

Character witnesses for the defence side now. Tom Martens brother in law on the stand singing his praises.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

State recommends a minimum sentence of 20 years and a maximum of 25 years.

Alex Rose said this 20 mins ago - I hope this is it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

While this is a fantastic verdict, whether they were found guilty or not there's 2 kids who in one night had their only remaining parent taken from them in the most barbaric way. I hope the media leaves them and Jason's other family members alone. They've all been through more than enough now. May the Martens rot in hell for all I care. They're nothing but absolute cnuts.

January wrote: »
    Character witnesses for the defence side now. Tom Martens brother in law on the stand singing his praises.

I have to believe these people are in serious denial - how can he possibly stand up there like that knowing what his brother and niece have done?

How old is Jack again? He must have had help writing that letter... At least he's letting her know that he'll never want anything to do with her.

Jack is now 12 and Sarah is now 10. They were 10 and 8 at the time of Jason's murder in August 2015. My 12 year old could write that and my 10 year old wouldn't be far behind.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/molly-martens-leaves-courtroom-in-tears-as-judge-rules-final-decision-on-custody-dispute-children-31465754.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

"Tom is incapable of telling a lie. He is the most honorable person I know,"

"I respect this jury, unfortunately you have not been able to understand the true nature of Tom Martens"

If the judge has any sense,they'll add an extra five years onto Tommy boys sentence just for that.....:D

• Advertisement

Pipmae wrote: »
    Jack is now 12 and Sarah is now 10. They were 10 and 8 at the time of Jason's murder in August 2015. My 12 year old could write that and my 10 year old wouldn't be far behind.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/molly-martens-leaves-courtroom-in-tears-as-judge-rules-final-decision-on-custody-dispute-children-31465754.html

Ok so, maybe he didn't have help. 12 year olds are pretty clued in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

"Tom is incapable of telling a lie. He is the most honorable person I know,"

No-one is incapable of telling a lie. Especially to save their own skin after killing someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

KKkitty wrote: »
    While this is a fantastic verdict, whether they were found guilty or not there's 2 kids who in one night had their only remaining parent taken from them in the most barbaric way. I hope the media leaves them and Jason's other family members alone. They've all been through more than enough now. May the Martens rot in hell for all I care. They're nothing but absolute cnuts.
    They're not in the US, so the Irish media will leave them alone. I'd say if any reporter did decide to land in Limerick looking for footage or an interview, the locals wouldn't be long making them "unwelcome".

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

There is a God after all...

Thank you God.

No theirs not, Maybe your thanks should go towards the hard work of the investigation team and the jury for bringing justice and not someones imaginary little friend

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Tough reading the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have to believe these people are in serious denial - how can he possibly stand up there like that knowing what his brother and niece have done?
    His brother and niece are scumbags. He's probably a scumbag too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,309 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

KKkitty wrote: »

Orphans at 10 and 8, one parent died violently, there is no way of ever hiding them from that, what with the internet.

Awful awful awful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

They're not in the US, so the Irish media will leave them alone. I'd say if any reporter did decide to land in Limerick looking for footage or an interview, the locals wouldn't be long making them "unwelcome".

I really hope so. Fingers crossed the Martens never see the outside of a prison again.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Orphans at 10 and 8, one parent died violently, there is no way of ever hiding them from that, what with the internet.

Awful awful awful

Truly awful. They would never have come in contact with the murderers if it wasn't for their mum's tragic death at such a young age. I hope they get some comfort from the verdict.

• Advertisement

Judge handed sealed document from defence. Judge is reviewing. Wonder what it is.

Advertisement