Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

The foreman said that i think. It was 10-2 on molly but they looked again and found that what started as self-defense became something else. My paraphrasing.

Scary that the jury bought the self-defense angle but there you go.

Full interview here with the jury foreman -about 9 minutes- well worth watching

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crime/wife-father-in-law-guilty-in-jason-corbett-s-death/article_7fdee014-dd93-512f-9f6a-feb55dc44384.html

Also in the link is a brief interview with a very deflated and unsure sounding defence lawyer taking about grounds for an appeal !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

For those who didn't hear it: https://soundcloud.com/bloodboylan/exclusive-molly-martens-corbett-spoke-to-classic-hits-4fm

https://twitter.com/niallboylan4fm/status/639534449080799232

I was always of the opinion that Boylan was a scumbag, this is merely reinforcing that.
    Looks like it's been pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

to be fair judge judy isnt a real court.

It's not a real court but she was a real judge, she heard over 20000 cases in the Manhattan family courts but her cases were more extreme than the stuff you see on the show, she dealt with domestic violence, child abuse and juvenile crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

sligojoek wrote: »
    Looks like it's been pulled.
    They must be getting serious flak at the station because I listened to that this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newgirlpp

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    They must be getting serious flak at the station because I listened to that this evening.

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 newgirlpp

newgirlpp wrote: »
    Me too

Helena O'Toole stubbornly remaining on Molly's facebook friend list though...

newgirlpp wrote: »
    Helena O'Toole stubbornly remaining on Molly's facebook friend list though...
    O'Toole by name, O'Toole by nature.....

I don't get why any of them would be friends with her on facebook? I've listened to the Niall Boylan show and Helena seems like a decent woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There was a very vocal pro-Martens contingent on this thread early on who've gone very quiet...

...and rightly so. I know this is AH but I was genuinely fcuking disgusted by some of the excuses people were making for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

O'Toole by name, O'Toole by nature.....

I don't get why any of them would be friends with her on facebook? I've listened to the Niall Boylan show and Helena seems like a decent woman.

Prob wanted first dibs on an interview if she was acquitted. That station is that low.
    I saw on Helena's Twitter page that she's tweeting Alex Rose to contact her.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    There was a very vocal pro-Martens contingent on this thread early who've gone very quiet...

...and rightly so. I know this is AH but I was genuinely fcuking disgusted by some of the excuses people were making for them.
    I know what you mean. It was like on the Peru 2 thread where it was obvious that they were guilty as fcuk but there were always the few who kept trying to argue that they were innocent/or arguing just for getting the rise. This case was a lot more serious but there were still people chiming in with rubbish. The evidence was so clear that even the jury didn't take that long in their deliberation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

anna080 wrote: »
    Prob wanted first dibs on an interview if she was acquitted. That station is that low.
    I saw on Helena's Twitter page that she's tweeting Alex Rose to contact her.

And an on air plea for 'her' children to come back I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

January wrote: »
    And an on air plea for 'her' children to come back I bet.

Not to mention bleating about her torrid time at the hands of her violent, hard-drinking, abusive husband :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Those who stir the sh!t need to be made lick the spoon. It was absolutely classless and totally unapologetic from Boylan. Pure bear baiting. Pure sh't stirring, and all for the sake of sh't stirring. What a bad, bad b#stard. Those kids had enough on their plate but for this clown to get in on it in such a deliberately insensitive manner. Id love to meet this man on a night out or in his own community where he should feel safe, we could have a few words to challenge those working assumptions. This man is the embodiment of a f#ck you type hubris, stomach turning greed, and rampant self serving delusion that just has no place in Ireland. If he had a shred of decency he'd pack it in. He's not Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle, he is classless. There is no substance here. No deeper political or socioeconomic undertone or narrative at play. Just pure f#ck you sensationalism, and this time on the back of two young kids. What a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

After listening to the jury foreman there I wouldn't want to be a jury member for love or money in a case like this. We've all watched Law And Order, CSI and the like but hearing about something like what happened to Jason Corbett must be terrible. On the subject of Niall Boylan. He shouldn't have had her on his show and 4fm should be ashamed of themselves for letting it happen too. I can't understand why they'd want to be associated with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

As someone above said, they took a chance on her getting off and they lost. Hence the podcast getting pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

As someone above said, they took a chance on her getting off and they lost. Hence the podcast getting pulled.

Anyone have any other source for that pulled podcast?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

It was a stupid gamble on their part so. I know the verdict was second degree murder but some part of me can't shake off the fact that this was premeditated to the last. I can only hope the Martens can't make any financial gain from this with books or movies. Especially Molly and Thomas don't deserve even a bit of happiness in their lives after what they did to Jason.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

KKkitty wrote: »
    I know the verdict was second degree murder but some part of me can't shake off the fact that this was premeditated to the last.
    It's more likely that she was pushed over the edge by something, possibly from being told that he was heading back home with the kids and without her.
    Dad was only too help after she did the initial damage.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Dial Hard wrote: »
    There was a very vocal pro-Martens contingent on this thread early on who've gone very quiet...

I dunno about that...i saw only 1 poster who seemed to think that certain things might have happened the way martens said they did. We'll never know what really happened; martens could have been telling partial truths or the whole truth on certain issues. We don't know and we have to resign ourselves to probably never knowing.
    Legally speaking, the two were only found guilty a few hours ago and were considered innocent of the charge up to then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Anyone have any other source for that pulled podcast?
    I wouldn't listen to it. I wouldn't give that show/segment the satisfaction of increasing their view numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Full interview here with the jury foreman -about 9 minutes- well worth watching

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crime/wife-father-in-law-guilty-in-jason-corbett-s-death/article_7fdee014-dd93-512f-9f6a-feb55dc44384.html

Also in the link is a brief interview with a very deflated and unsure sounding defence lawyer taking about grounds for an appeal !!!!

I've only listened to it once.

The jury foreman is very open and informative about the decision making, asked about Mollys guilt he has it nailed that she was on her knees over Jason as he is lying on the floor.

I'd imagine that this when the paving stone was being used in such a callous and horrendous manner transferring blood and tissue to her clothing.

Meanwhile Daddy had no blood splatter as he is at more than arms length using the baseball bat striking Jason and sometimes hitting skirting boards but not getting splatter upon himself..

I think she did the killing and Daddy tried to take the rap in the hope that she would walk and he would get a minimal sentence if any.

I'm glad the jury could see through this and justice has been served...

Having watched the defence lawyer for the father, all talk about appeal seems to be just perfunctory but I think he knows that the game is up for the two of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

EmzBoBo wrote: »
    Heard the verdict in the car on the way home... am absolutely delighted for Jason Corbett's family and friends! Nothing will bring him back, but at least his murderers are now facing justice.
    Two things that really disgusted me about today though were the fact that Molly Martens said:
    "I’m really sorry mom, I wish they’d just kill me”, and "[the] Children will lose both parents".
    I'd ask if that witch had any shame, but I think we all already know the answer to that...

Just to pick up on this, and I am not sure if it has been cleared up on thread or not yet as I am only reading now but she was actually misquoted originally

She did not say "I wish they'd just kill me" she said "I wish he had killed me."

Which of course is actually even worse, vile creatures.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm so glad that justice was done, and those little kids can take comfort in the fact the evil person who did this to their daddy is where they belong. Behind bars.

There is a part of me though that feels sorry for the father, he's an old man sent to max and is/was protecting his child. I know he's getting what he deserves but seeing his photo being brought to jail did make me feel a bit sad

I'm so glad that justice was done, and those little kids can take comfort in the fact the evil person who did this to their daddy is where they belong. Behind bars.

There is a part of me though that feels sorry for the father, he's an old man sent to max and is/was protecting his child. I know he's getting what he deserves but seeing his photo being brought to jail did make me feel a bit sad

Protecting his child from what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Harrowing stuff.
    Jason's sister is some woman though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Protecting his child from what?
    From being done for murder? If I was to guess i reckon she's the one who killed him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

He's a former FBI man. I'm sure he'd have a better way of killing someone that bludgeoning them to death in this fashion. My feeling is that her ladyship did the vast bulk of the killing and he tried to save her from being prosecuted. She seems to be an unhinged individual and could easily have lost it.

The swagger is gone.

7accf7598b.jpghttp:

b1330e5bc1.jpg

e90c22bada.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I've been loosely following the case since it arose and am relieved with the outcome, justice well and truly served.

How much pull does being an ex-FBI man get you? Was Tom Martens in a senior role or just a paper-pusher of sorts?

Advertisement