Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

screamer wrote: »
    And smug.....

That's an understatement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

screamer wrote:
    And smug.....

See how smug he looks when he gets to prison..or more accurately one of the reptile houses that pass for prisons in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

MOD - I've unembedded the pictures below. Be warned, if you are clicking on the links, you will be seeing crime scene photos that may not be easy for some to look at.

The hallway had most of the blood.

http://puu.sh/x6MG2/2e8cdba719.jpg

http://puu.sh/x6MGR/18154a1e2c.jpg

http://puu.sh/x6MHs/a297245824.png

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'm sorry but does anybody else not find the pictures above very bad taste? I think they are totally disrespectful to the dignity of Jason Corbett. Nobody needs to see the scene in which he had his life taken from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Awful photos that should be linked if you really want to see rather then embedded in the thread.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but does anybody else not find the pictures above very bad taste?

No ,

It actually lets people see what happened Vs only hearing tit bits online it helps take any doubt about what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

I'm sorry, but I really don't think those photos should be there... some of the people on this thread have said already that they know the Corbett family, so it might upset them to come across the photos with no warning!
    They make for very difficult viewing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Christ, actual crime scene photos are a world away from stylised nonsense on TV and the above really brings that home.

Gatling wrote: »
    No ,

It actually lets people see what happened Vs only hearing tit bits online it helps take any doubt about what happened

Some people might not want to see though, which is why they should be linked rather than right there where you can't help but see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Come on folks, not the place for showing these photos.... what if his kids see these? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Can they be hidden as spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

To be honest, I'd far rather they be removed. Because they can be seen, it doesn't mean they should.

anna080 wrote: »
    Some people might not want to see though, which is why they should be linked rather than right there where you can't help but see.

Unfortunately I can't help that ,

No need for censorship either .

Bar some blood there is not a lot to see but if you had a interest in the trial you would notice a few things that stand out in the pics

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Bar some blood there is not a lot to see but if you had a interest in the trial you would notice a few things that stand out in the pics

If you've an interest fine, go Google the pics. I don't want to see them and I reckon most people don't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

There's a difference between censorship and the consideration of others though...

If you've an interest fine, go Google the pics. I don't want to see them and I reckon most people don't either.

Again I personally can't do anything about that ,

There very related to the discussion calling them to be removed is wrong

Ah here, "bar some blood". No big deal just the detailed messy aftermath where a man was savaged to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Again I personally can't do anything about that ,

There very related to the discussion calling them to be removed is wrong

The latter is a ridiculous statement. Some people will be distressed by photos of a real murder scene and it doesn't take a lot of cop on to realise they might prefer to choose whether they see the photos or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,465 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The latter is a ridiculous statement. Some people will be distressed by photos of a real murder scene and it doesn't take a lot of cop on to realise they might prefer to choose whether they see the photos or not.

I often watch documentaries, read threads online, newspapers, etc about murder cases. When I do thing I know I am about to read or see things that might be disturbing. If it effected me I'd avoid threads like this.

washiskin wrote: »
    Come on folks, not the place for showing these photos.... what if his kids see these? :(

I think this thread is on the first few pages of results when you google the names of those involved, so if the children go searching for info in years to come...now, obviously they'll probably find it if they want to anyway but it seems a bit gratuitous...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've taken out the embedded pics, but left the links there if people want to see the crime scene.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Looks like the only thing she kept on her nightstand was the brick. She must've been really fond of that brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,465 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I can see Molly Martens getting a lot of mail in prison.

Looks like the only thing she kept on her nightstand was the brick. She must've been really fond of that brick.

Did you notice the lack of blood stains around the carpet where the baseball bat was standing up against the dresser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

My feeling is that Jason Corbett is not as angelic as is claimed in the Irish media.
    Does it justify what happened? Of course not.
    But in my experience nothing happens in a vacuum.
    It's always cause and effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Missix

Daddys hands certainly didn't do any compressions,that's for sure...they are spotless.And his legs too,surely they would have blood on them if he was kneeling down near that amount of spilled blood?

Methinks Daddy had a wash before they called the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

My feeling is that Jason Corbett is not as angelic as is claimed in the Irish media.

Complete nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd say there was domestic violence in that house no doubt, just the victim being Jason. Don't they say victims are at the most risk when they're about to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Complete nonsense.

Do you write for the Irish Daily Mail?

• Advertisement

Missix wrote: »
    Daddys hands certainly didn't do any compressions,that's for sure...they are spotless.And his legs too,surely they would have blood on them if he was kneeling down near that amount of spilled blood?

Methinks Daddy had a wash before they called the cops.

He had some blood on his t-shirt but none on his face ,hands or head but yet blood on the ceiling,
    It looks like the scene was staged

Advertisement