Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Presumably was done in an effort at normalcy, to show their conscience was clear.

It's one thing to go out for a family dinner the day after you're charged with murder- it's another thing entirely to take a happy clappy photo of said dinner and then use it as a stock image of how happy daughter and daddy are together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

anna080 wrote: »
    It's one thing to go out for a family dinner the day after you're charged with murder- it's another thing entirely to take a happy clappy photo of said dinner and then use it as a stock photo of how happy daughter and daddy are together.

I'm not saying it's what I'd do. FBI man obviously thought it a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Call me Al

seamus wrote: »
    I dunno, it's weird. An innocent person wouldn't be out having fun with such a serious charge hanging over their head.
    And to be out pretending you're having fun seems (to me) to achieve the opposite - it shows that you're a bit of a psycho rather than an innocent person with a clear conscience.

And to be taking photos of it... actually smiling! Seriously who does stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Call me Al wrote: »
    And to be taking photos of it... actually smiling! Seriously who does stuff like this.

deranged murderers?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Trying to shut down a gofund me page is not on; they are entitled an appeal. By all means complain about the false accusations but you can't libel a dead person, so there's feck all that can be done in that respect.
    I can't see the 300,000 mark being reached anytime soon.

Actually the terms and conditions say you can't make false and misleading statements which is clearly made about what happened that night

Complaints been made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Had a quick glance at her Facebook page (can't believe it's still up tbh). Many posts of her and the children with her contact details (telephone and gmail) next to them.

Terribly manipulative.

Strange entitled people who thought they were untouchable.

Someone is also posting on her photos of her and the children....saying things like justice for Jason and pics of them being arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

The person who set up the GoFund me appeal claim be be the Corbett kids great aunt,
    On another go fund site she claimed Jason was a sexual Abuser
    Unbelievable

Gatling wrote: »
    The person who set up the GoFund me appeal claim be be the Corbett kids great aunt,
    On another go fund site she claimed Jason was a sexual Abuser
    Unbelievable

She did it on that one too. Where does she claim to be the children's great aunt? She's no relation to them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Gatling wrote:
    The person who set up the GoFund me appeal claim be be the Corbett kids great aunt, On another go fund site she claimed Jason was a sexual Abuser Unbelievable

Have you a link to that fund site?

• Advertisement

PandaPoo wrote: »
    She did it on that one too. Where does she claim to be the children's great aunt? She's no relation to them!!

Her Facebook also has s picture of her and the kids at Christmas it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭blackwhite

They have got to be joking?

More accusations against a dead man who can't defend himself.

The comments on the site are hopefully more reflective of the general sentiment towards them

Her Facebook also has s picture of her and the kids at Christmas it looks

Mona Earnest? Yeah the comments are a complete sh*t show. And rightly so. Delete the pictures of Jason's children and get one with your little campaign for justice if that's what you want to do...leave the kids out of it!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Actually the terms and conditions say you can't make false and misleading statements which is clearly made about what happened that night

Complaints been made

The description mirrors daddy's version of events of what happened that night. He was found guilty of acting with malice; no mention of whether the events happened as he said they did.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Have you a link to that fund site?

On August 9, 2017 in Davidson County North Carolina, Molly & Tom were wrongfully convicted of 2nd degree murder and in less than an hour sentenced to 25 years in prison without parole. Molly experienced years of emotional, mental, sexual, & physical abuse from her husband, including five separate occasions where she was choked to unconsciousness

https://gogetfunding.com/right-the-wrong-help-molly-tom/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

They were nothing short of claiming that Jason was responsible for the disappearance of Shergar. What next I thought.

Inbred reprobate Irishman, uncivilised, drunken, and uneducated, versus the white picket fence soccer mom and 'thank you for your service' FBI agent. The way they tried to sell this is unreal. Do they do brass necks in a size 17?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Crea wrote: »
    A " Go get funding" account has been set up for Molly and Tom Martens.

They have so far raised $6864.
    Their aim is $300,000. Not a notion they'll get anywhere near that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Their aim is $300,000. Not a notion they'll get anywhere near that.

Some fools have already given over €6000...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

On August 9, 2017 in Davidson County North Carolina, Molly & Tom were wrongfully convicted of 2nd degree murder and in less than an hour sentenced to 25 years in prison without parole. Molly experienced years of emotional, mental, sexual, & physical abuse from her husband, including five separate occasions where she was choked to unconsciousness

One of the doners is listed as Serinna Corbett...the ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

She didn't donate, she just posted a comment.

ETA: Also one of the brothers backed €2K, can't see it reaching €300K by Joe public.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

No, she signed up to comment all right, but she didn't donate. She's firmly on the Corbett side.

No doubt whack-job aunt will delete all those comments calling them what they are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Absolute ****ing scumbags.They're all warped.

Some fools have already given over €6000...

Her brother donated 1999 dollars. Looking like close fa mily and friends only. Some serious allegations being made by her supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Relentless delusion. I hope they rot, I truly do, and it is a horrible sentiment.

Niall Boylan will be on next with a 2 grand donation no doubt.

myshirt wrote:
    Niall Boylan will be on next with a 2 grand donation no doubt.

Boylan would be advised to lay low, not hard for a bottom dweller tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

seamus wrote: »
    What makes it crazier, is that the photo they use was taken the day after they were charged with murder.

Not sure I'd be out for a happy family meal if I had a murder charge pending.

How do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Neyite wrote: »
    Very true. There's a whole family of them. Molly didn't lick it off the ground. These kind of people will always find a way to make it someone else's fault and assume that they are above the law themselves - as evidenced by the uncles faking a raid on Jason's office to steal the children's passports. Irish passports for Irish Citizens. They've jeopardised their own law careers - child abduction or kidnapping is not taken lightly - and for what? Similarly Daddy Martens was all about damage limitation to his kin with the crime scene interference. And as for the way that Mammy Martens told the family (finally) that Jason was dead? Callous, cold and evil.

They'll go to their graves with it in their own twisted mind that it was Jason that was somehow to blame for what they did. The justice system and subsequent prison sentences says otherwise though no matter what their protests.

I have just realized that Jason's passport was on his night stand. The fact that he kept his childrens passport else where opens up a whole new scenario for me-

Was Molly planning on abducting the children that day? If so how far did she go with her plans? At what point did Molly realise that the childrens passports were not in the home?

It seemed very strange to me that her uncle was so quick to rush to Jason's office. Was Molly and her father still at the police station when her uncle was searching for the passports?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I get people are annoyed her family and friends stand by them but come on what do ye expect. Yes the gofundmesite is wrong and I say it's only family and friends donating and some anti domestic violence who do not read the story. It will stall close to what it is now.

Of course there going to maintain there innocence and not admit it but what murderer unless caught red handed does not

I get people are annoyed her family and friends stand by them but come on what do ye expect. Yes the gofundmesite is wrong and I say it's only family and friends donating and some anti domestic violence who do not read the story. It will stall close to what it is now.

Nothing wrong with fa mily supporting them, natural tbh but to be allowed make slanderous allegations about the victim. Not on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nial Boylan is staying well away. He knows he seriously goofed and will not go near it with a 6 foot pole

Advertisement