Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I get people are annoyed her family and friends stand by them but come on what do ye expect. Yes the gofundmesite is wrong and I say it's only family and friends donating and some anti domestic violence who do not read the story. It will stall close to what it is now.

Nothing wrong with fa mily supporting them, natural tbh but to be allowed make slanderous allegations about the victim. Not on.

I agree but unless someone wants to sue then or take them up on it then they can say whatever they want. I just think some are taking it as afront they will just not admit it as everyone else would

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I agree but unless someone wants to sue then or take them up on it then they can say whatever they want. I just think some are taking it as afront they will just not admit it as everyone else would

Unfortunately, you can't slander the dead... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How much of the 25 years will she be locked up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gael23 wrote: »
    How much of the 25 years will she be locked up for?

20 years minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭screamer

Well there's a right bang of pistoriousness off this. I watched an interview miss Molly and daddy gave there before the verdict and daddy said something woke him he heard loud voices and thumping....... So he jumped out of bed and grabbed the baseball bat....... Yeh cause that's what you'd do.... Not calling your wife to say somethings going on...... Not just wondering up there to ask if everything is alright..... Sneak out grab the bat and....we know the rest.

Oh and BTW Molly said knowing her parents were there gave her more courage to stand up for herself than she would typically have....... She's looking downward throughout a give away of someone who is lying........

I've no doubt in my mind this was pre meditated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Death row is where she should be

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

Neyite wrote: »
    No, she signed up to comment all right, but she didn't donate. She's firmly on the Corbett side.

No doubt whack-job aunt will delete all those comments calling them what they are though.

Just had a scroll through it there - whatever it was that she posted has already been removed, and presumably someone called David Quinn also said something against the Martens, because someone labelled their donation "David Quinn Sucks - I double my donation because of him".... Seriously, you'd have to wonder what planet some of these people are living on! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Most of those comments I read this morning have been removed from the go fund me page?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭screamer

Pity we can't setup a go f*** yourself page for them..... Sickening to see what lengths they'll go to.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

anna080 wrote: »
    Most of those comments I read this morning have been removed from the go fund me page?

Understandable, they won't want people pointing out that there's no evidence of any abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Missix

Crea wrote: »
    A " Go get funding" account has been set up for Molly and Tom Martens.

https://gogetfunding.com/right-the-wrong-help-molly-tom/

They have so far raised $6864.

That's sickening :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Muilleann

A strange affair indeed.

When Molly Martens declined to give evidence she clearly had something to hide.

I reckon no one except Ms Martens and her father will ever know what really happened that night.

Poor kids is all I can say but at least they got back home to their family.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

anna080 wrote: »

I'd love to see that page absolutely spammed with the real facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

It's becoming clear Molly Martins has psychological issues but that her family has never faced up to her illness. Too often families tend to blame others for their children's illness. I've seen it close hand where the parents will blame friends, teachers, etc for incidents because they refuse to acknowledge their son or daughter has a psychiatric illness. They themselves are manipulated by their children.

Even up to end, she turns to the mother and says she wished Jason had killed her. I bet she fed the mother and father a pack of lies and this is why the father hated Jason. As to the fatal night, I don't think the father went there to murder Jason but got caught up in the scheming evil of his daughter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They have also edited the description on the page and removed the claims that he sexually, verbally and physically abused her for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cookie_fan

They are entitled to setup a go fund me page or setup whatever facebook page to gain support, what they cannot do is continue to drag Jason Corbetts name through the mud, the sentence which is now changed where they stated that she was the victim of DV at least 5 times previous is unsubstantiated and someones point of view where two parties involved and one of them is dead so cannot contradict the statement.

If i was the victim of DV and considering leaving my partner and wanted to contest the custody of the kids highlighting these as reasons I would be sure to have evidence of such incidents in the form of photo's , statements from witnesses who saw such injuries etc.

Surely if DV was happening in the home she would have seeked advice from a lawyer and he would have advised the same (I understand she actually seeked legal assistance in relation to custody of the kids in the event of a divorce or was certainly reported). I am pretty sure there was no DV involved and the self defence argument was BS. I cant believe that TM being an educated man who was a qualified lawyer actually believed the self defence argument would wash with a jury.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

screamer wrote: »
    there is reasonable force and then there is just this- slaughter. The fact that her dad is ex fbi makes this even more unsettling as he should well know more about reasonable force to neutralise a threat than Joe public dad.

Surely to neutralise was all that was required to keep his daughter from any suggested DV from Jason. A few slaps of that metal bat across the knee joints would render the strongest person unable to do much damage? but no, straight for the head, again and again until there was little of the head left. Tom Martens went in for the kill from the get go.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

http://extra.ie/news/world-news/who-was-molly-martens

Interesting to see her background up to this.

But bloody sickening to see how free she has been to enjoy her life in the 2 years since she murdered Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Any indication yet as to the grounds on which they propose to lodge the appeal?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

I sent a request to the funding page to remove the Martens page. I received this response :

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

We are an impartial site that allows those facing legal costs the opportunity to raise funds from their family, friends and supporters in order to ensure they are able to employ the best legal defense they can afford - as is their absolute right.

Our role is to ensure those who do not ordinarily have the privilege of substantial finances to defend themselves, have the chance to be represented fairly, adequately and completely.

In legal defense cases such as this there is always high emotion and because of this we expect a large volume of complaints. However, whether our decision is seen by some to be morally questionable, within the legal system it is absolutely legal.

We have removed a small portion of the campaign this morning which referred to aspects not introduced into the defense, but have allowed any aspect that does form part of the defense to remain.

We have no intentions at this time to remove this campaign, as it would set a precedent for all future legal defense campaigns and appeals - which, if someone did not have the opportunity to seek adequate legal defense could potentially lead to a mistrial, miscarriage of justice or any other number of potential outcomes.

Kind Regards,  

Victoria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

Just catching up with all this. Crazy stuff.

So in a nutshell, Jason fell for Molly when she was an au pair for his kids in Ireland. Maybe he was vulnerable after the death of his wife and overlooked any niggling doubts he may have had about her? Then they moved to NC as she was homesick (never mind the fact that the kids she was supposedly crazy about had all of their family in Ireland :rolleyes:)- how long were they there before the murder took place?

Did they just make it look like a scuffle gone wrong to hide the fact that it was pre-meditated murder? Sounds like anything is possible. If it was in fact out of the blue and not pre-meditated, what was it that set her off? Did Jason just gradually realise she was crazy and try to get out of the relationship and when he told her it was over she smashed his head in? :(

Just a lot of information and am trying to understand their motive.

Any indication yet as to the grounds on which they propose to lodge the appeal?

Not yet,but apparently they can't introduce new evidence,they can only argue points raised in this trial.It is heard before 3 judges,and it's majority rule.

Personally I don't reckon they have much chance,but they'll still persue it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What people were taking exception to was the disgusting things they said about Jason. I was going to quote it but they've removed them.
    They have also edited the description on the page and removed the claims that he sexually, verbally and physically abused her for years.
    Ya this is what gave people the rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Paddy Cow wrote:
    What people were taking exception to was the disgusting things they said about Jason. I was going to quote it but they've removed them.

The creator of the funding appeal is still claiming Jason was strangling Molly and it was a fight for her and her father's life. Complete f**king B.S.

I don't give a damn what they've edited- the whole concept is sick.

Missix wrote: »
    http://extra.ie/news/world-news/who-was-molly-martens

Interesting to see her background up to this.

But bloody sickening to see how free she has been to enjoy her life in the 2 years since she murdered Jason.

These are the sort of articles I think everyone including the jury were waiting for- while it doesn't answer many questions, you all of a sudden get a strong feeling around the type of person Molly was/is.

Saying that, the father is a bastard for trying to disparage Jason through mis quoting his former father-in-law- not just mis-quoting, telling absolute lies about what he was alleged to have said about Jason. Absolute bastard he is- in same league as Molly as far as i'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

America can be f#cked up at times. Only in America can a guy get drunk, injure himself, shoot himself, destroy the house, and then blame it on 'a black guy', and it gets the whole way to trial.

Thankfully no conviction, but the culture is amazing.

They really tried to game it here. Domestic violence victim, and an FBI dad who spent his life levitating above us all like the lord himself, protecting and serving, and locking down scumbags. Team America.

Rampant delusion. Really disturbing.

I hope the Corbett family's wrongful death civil suit goes well,God knows what crap the Martens will come out with for that one.

Is there a Go Fund me page (or similar)for the Corbetts to cover their legal costs....it must have cost them a bloody fortune so far with more legal bills to come?

I know I'd contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Missix wrote: »
    I hope the Corbett family's wrongful death civil suit goes well,God knows what crap the Martens will come out with for that one.

Is there a Go Fund me page (or similar)for the Corbetts to cover their legal costs....it must have cost them a bloody fortune so far with more legal bills to come?

I know I'd contribute.

The state funds criminal actions, but the Corbett's are 200k+ in the hole themselves yes. There has been fundraisers and the Irish state assisted in getting those kids out initially. It was a large chunk of change. The people of Limerick helped also.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd pay to see the dad put in with general population.

Advertisement