Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

That was heavily edited- whether because he said other things they didn't want broadcast or what, I don't know, but very heavily edited- bad journalism in my opinion-

I'd say the 20:20 show thought they had a perfect "will be found not-guilty" case to air after the trail, when they started shooting this episode and as a result layered the pre-trial interviews with this "schmaltz".

In fact, it's this type of presentation to the public that had me totally convinced that at least one of them if not both would walk free.

I don't think the programme makers were expecting a guilty verdict at the end of it either.
    Totally agree with you - I also got the impression from the initial part of the video that they were trying to make a case of their 'innocence'. Interesting the way they (the production) tried to change it to being more objective - the members of the jury seemed to have no doubts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The majority of the anti Martens followers comments - usernames have been removed from the go fund page.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Missix

The majority of the anti Martens followers comments - usernames have been removed from the go fund page.

That's a pity,my own personal favourite was the username 'Tom-Swallows-Now'.

Can't imagine they liked that one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Damn I have to delete cookies new email and follow again....ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

The similarities in personality between Amanda Knox and Molly Martens are uncanny. They both present very socially awkward when in public as well. The only difference between the pair is that Martens seemed to genuinely care about someone i.e. the children whereas Knox is a complete narcissist who didn't care about anyone. Not content in ruining their own lives they seek to drag down their nearest and dearest as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    The similarities in personality between Amanda Knox and Molly Martens are uncanny. They both present very socially awkward when in public as well. The only difference between the pair is that Martens seemed to genuinely care about someone i.e. the children whereas Knox is a complete narcissist who didn't care about anyone. Not content in ruining their own lives they seek to drag down their nearest and dearest as well.

Not forgetting the very important fact that Knox isn't a murderer.

anna080 wrote:
    Not forgetting the very important fact that Knox isn't a murderer.

Neither is OJ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

Missix wrote: »
    She battered him with the brick,and Daddy the hero hopped in.And he feels 'righteous' in doing that.

The parents received 6 phone calls that day before they arrived unannounced. Having had dealings with someone who has had Borderline Personality Disorder I can tell you, you don't know how manipulative they can be and I can only imagine the lies and pressure she put on her parents.

I don't think the parents came there that night to kill Jason, they would not have waited so long to call the ambulance, the FBI guy would have planned it better. No I think Molly wound the father up so much about the abuse she was supposedly suffering and said she was worried Jason would attack her so after the 6 phone calls they decide to call and stay the night.

I think Molly used the father to kill Jason as Jason was a big guy and even after been hit by the brick and he was drugged with the sleeping tablets he did try and save himself ( from photo's the altercation moved from the bedroom to the hall and bathroom. Molly would not have been able to do this on her own so she needed Daddy on hand to finish him off.

I don't think it's a case Jason forgot her parents were there, it's more like Molly remembered they were there and used it to stage a scene by purposefully aggravating Jason in some way.

All planned by Molly.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Missix

I don't think it's a case Jason forgot her parents were there, it's more like Molly remembered they were there and used it to stage a scene by purposefully aggravating Jason in some way.

All planned by Molly.

A brick in the head while you lay there sleeping would be a tad aggravating alright.

She is so evil and manipulative:mad:

• Advertisement

In Earnest Mona, removing comments from the go fund page isn't going to change the verdicts.

85 followers down from a high of about 106 earlier today- still some choice usernames there.

One choice name is 'Molly Sucks' not sure how much sucking goes on in a women's prison but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

In Earnest Mona, removing comments from the go fund page isn't going to change the verdicts.

It's also a nine day wonder of a story. Soon this will be replaced with another story and then another one. They'll be struggling to get any sort of attention for this gruesome twosome's "plight"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I believe that if you've followed that page and are removed all you have to do is to again press follow to be reinstated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Molly does across as the proudest and caring mother from those photo,also the kids look very happy,you'd wonder what reasons why he wouldn't let them have joint custody early on in the marriage,it would seem natural to me,its a sign of trust,he did marry her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

fepper wrote: »
    Molly does across as the proudest and caring mother from those photo,also the kids look very happy,you'd wonder what reasons why he wouldn't let them have joint custody early on in the marriage,it would seem natural to me,its a sign of trust,he did marry her.

Sign that he didn't trust her so... and rightly so!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's possible that initially he felt like it would be 'replacing' their mum, and maybe as time went on he felt something was off about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Thank you for posting this. It was hard to watch and it looked like they were taking the side of Molly and Tom. The first 2/3rd's is heavily biased in their favour. The last part though absolutely put to bed any thought that Jason was an aggressor. Even their most ardent supporters would find it hard to find fault with the prosecution and the jury.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

85 followers down from a high of about 106 earlier today- still some choice usernames there.

https://gogetfunding.com/right-the-wrong-help-molly-tom/

Down to 65 now

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    It's possible that initially he felt like it would be 'replacing' their mum, and maybe as time went on he felt something was off about her.

Adoption is very much the same and works out in most cases, didn't he marry again,

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Maybe his respect for the Fitzpatrick family, I can easily imagine him assuring them that Mags would never be forgotton and that she would always be their mother.

Wonder why the Ethnic Group section of Toms Mugshot it empty?

1eaf045b71.png

e65be78907.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Molly wanted to get married she felt it would give her legitimacy that she would no longer be seen as just the au pair. This is nothing new for her if you read the extracts from her ex's book he says she wanted to get engaged she thought it would make her feel better and it did work for one day. So he married her but as he got to know her better he never went ahead with giving her legal rights to the kids which also tells a lot.

Maybe his respect for the Fitzpatrick family, I can easily imagine him assuring them that Mags would never be forgotton and that she would always be their mother.

My point is when she came over here as a nanny to his children,that was probably her only intention at the time, but probably fell in love with the whole family unit and then married into that family unit,thats a fair commitment for her to raise his children unconditionally even though she was not their birth mother and after getting married, she was more or less still a 'nanny' even if now a family unit,that could deeply upset her and cause friction,if he felt confident to marry her and trust her with his children,then it would have been a no brainer to be a co guardian of the children,it would also show his commitment and trust to his new wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

And Irelands media continue to give airtime to this wan. Ye dirty sellout cretionous fcuks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Underground

1eaf045b71.png

e65be78907.png

I would likely chalk it up to a simple admin error, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I like the follower on the page named 'You're not smirking now Tom'

Brilliant.

1eaf045b71.png

e65be78907.png

Or has a Irish passport now in mollys case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement