Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

All the post trial discussion, fundraising pages, media interviews are irrelevant now. Verdict is done and they're behind bars. The appeal won't get anywhere. Justice has done it's job.

But unfortunately while justice is served, it doesnt change anything that happened in that bedroom that night. I do hope for the sake of the family that this will go quiet and not turn into an opportunity for the media or worse, film/tv makers, to turn this into a saga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Auldloon wrote: »
    Molly wanted to get married she felt it would give her legitimacy that she would no longer be seen as just the au pair. This is nothing new for her if you read the extracts from her ex's book he says she wanted to get engaged she thought it would make her feel better and it did work for one day. So he married her but as he got to know her better he never went ahead with giving her legal rights to the kids which also tells a lot.
    He was with her for 3years before they got married so they was no quick get married scenario,I'm sure he got to know her pretty well in that time,but people change as time goes on including him and her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

What book did her ex write?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

That was a serious allegation to make saying that he killed his first wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,322 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not sure where you are going with this Fepper. A friend of mine married a woman who already had a child. He never wanted, asked to adopt or change the name of the child. Always there as the child grew to be a fine woman, loved by all his extended family. If you are secure in yourself, such things don't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ofcork wrote: »
    That was a serious allegation to make saying that he killed his first wife.

Aye. It was Thomas Martens saying that it was Mags Fitzpatricks father that said it. Cute hoor knew well enough to attribute that allegation to a dead man too.

Isn't it such a pity that those who could have submitted such critical testimony to their defence is...dead?

Aw. Their luck really sucks, huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Water John wrote: »
    Not sure where you are going with this Fepper. A friend of mine married a woman who already had a child. He never wanted, asked to adopt or change the name of the child. Always there as the child grew to be a fine woman, loved by all his extended family. If you are secure in yourself, such things don't matter.

Every person is different,and I know cases like you say there in the same situation and happy with it,but in her situation,she seemed to want to adopt them to make it more permanent for her or to make her more secure with them,she seemed to overly obsessed with them and maybe that was her motivation for this and fear of losing them but she could also could have been their stepmother from hell who was married to their father and pretended to like them,her obsession was his children and not him it seems and still capable of murdering him even if she did get equal guardianship years ago,that maternal instinct is different to a paternal instinct also could lead to different expectations going into marriage with children

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

juneg wrote: »
    What book did her ex write?

Turning This Thing Around by Keith Maginn

https://arbookcorner.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/interview-with-keith-maginn/

Scroll down to the question: Why did you feel you had to write this book?

In the book he calls MM Mary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

At the end of the day the two most affected by these claims are the very two people these scumbags fought tooth and nail to hold on to.
    Having both sources of 100% absolute unconditional love and support dead and gone is something that no doubt will stay with those two kids for a very long time. Them starting secondary school, them being rebellious teens, graduation, college, their first relationship, marriage, children. They won't have that unconditional love and support. They won't have their mam and dad cheering them on, scolding them, giving them a hug, sitting at the top table. And no matter how much they're included and loved in their extended family it's not the same I'm sure.

This is just a trial for us, just like joe o Reilly was, graham o Dwyer, Catherine Nevin. There'll be another awful story in a few months time that'll grip us all but these two kids have to live every single moment of this for the rest of their lives.

Some scumbag planting nasty vicious seeds speculating your deceased father was a murderer, a woman hater, an abuser, a rapist is something that those kids will have to carry on their shoulders forever. When all they have is distant memories, can't remember the sound of his voice or how exactly his face looks from just memory, they should be left with what they have because let's be honest they have fûck all the poor little pets.

This family of barbaric scumbags are shîtting all over the memories these two kids have of their daddy, for what? To somehow excuse or dress up what two grown adults did. What good is going to come of it? Nothing because it's hearsay, will we even remember who Molly martens is in ten years time? Will we care she said she was sexually abused in her marriage or that she doubted his first wife died from a natural cause? But those two kids will. And if she was a real mom, she'd do what she could to protect them.

And if she was a real mom, she'd do what she could to protect them.

Not a fact but I get the impression in the fantasy world she created in her own

mind she just wanted to be her notion of what a perfect mom is/was. But a real

mother would have protected her children and would never have subjected them

to the ordeal and anguish that will affect their lives forever.

For MM it was and still is all about Molly.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just watching the 20/20 interview and seen the picture of the hair in Jasons hand. It's not even intertwined in his fingers ffs.

The Florida-based expert, one of the world's leading authorities on blood spatter analysis, effectively recreated the last moments of the Limerick father-of-two's life in the early hours of August 2, 2015 in the bedroom of his luxury home.

He determined that Mr Corbett may very well have suffered the first of at least 12 horrific blows to his head while in or by his bed.

12 horrific blows to the head - that's a lot of hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

From Independent.ie this evening

Where's that in your statement Mona Earnest? Care to comment?

https://gogetfunding.com/right-the-wrong-help-molly-tom/

The Florida-based expert, one of the world's leading authorities on blood spatter analysis, effectively recreated the last moments of the Limerick father-of-two's life in the early hours of August 2, 2015 in the bedroom of his luxury home.

He determined that Mr Corbett may very well have suffered the first of at least 12 horrific blows to his head while in or by his bed.

He also determined that Mr Corbett's head was repeatedly struck in a descending motion - in other words as he fell to the ground.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/anatomy-of-a-murder-the-brutal-killing-of-jason-corbett-36024815.html

I'd nearly donate $5 just to comment on the fundraising site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Aineoil wrote:
    12 horrific blows to the head - that's a lot of hate.

....or crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

No point, if your comment was less than full support for the murdering scum it would be removed. People have found a way to voice their disgust by unique user names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Just follow it. You can comment as your username . Min donation is 20!

January wrote: »
    Just watching the 20/20 interview and seen the picture of the hair in Jasons hand. It's not even intertwined in his fingers ffs.

I noticed that too. Another strange thing - only one strand of blonde hair?

Surely if the attack was as the Martens described there would many more strands of hair.

It just looks so staged.

Another thing that has me confused about the interview is the fact that the

dogs are downstairs with her mother during the attack. If I heard anything

strange in my house, my dog would be out of the bedroom faster than I would

be going ballistic.

Why buy a baseball bat for your "grandson" and not give it to him?

The facts just don't add up to either MM or her father being innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    ....or crazy.

Hate and crazy = Lethal combination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Aineoil wrote: »
    I noticed that too. Another strange thing - only one strand of blonde hair?

Surely if the attack was as the Martens described there would many more strands of hair.

It just looks so staged.

Another thing that has me confused about the interview is the fact that the

dogs are downstairs with her mother during the attack. If I heard anything

strange in my house, my dog would be out of the bedroom faster than I would

be going ballistic.

Why buy a baseball bat for your "grandson" and not give it to him?

The facts just don't add up to either MM or her father being innocent.
    They didn't give reasonable answers to any of the perplexing questions.

"Why did she have a brick on the nightstand?" Her and the kids were going to decorate it for an art project :rolleyes:

"Why didn't her mother hear the struggle and come up/ring 911?" Not really answered.

I can accept that the two kids slept through the whole ordeal. Kids are heavy sleepers. I don't accept that Sarah woke from a nightmare and slept through all of that less than ten minutes after falling back to sleep. She would not have been in a deep sleep at that stage.

Imagine being Sarah in years to come and reading that Molly is saying Sarah is the reason the argument broke out and her Dad was mad at her for having a nightmare :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Aineoil wrote: »

Another thing that has me confused about the interview is the fact that the dogs are downstairs with her mother during the attack. If I heard anything strange in my house, my dog would be out of the bedroom faster than I would be going ballistic.
    Quoting you again because I missed this in my comment.

I didn't realise before that there were dogs in the house. I have dogs and they hear things I don't and react to them. There is no way the dogs didn't hear this and react to it. Tom and Molly aren't the only two that know what happened. Sharon (the wife/mother) also knows and is covering for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

ArtyC wrote: »
    Just follow it. You can comment as your username . Min donation is 20!

Mod: Folks, don't be encouraging each other to troll this thing, it's not appropriate here (or elsewhere, tbh, but it's definitely not appropriate here).

No-one needs an "Irish website attacks family fundraising appeal" headline, regardless of what it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭conorhal

Samaris wrote: »
    Mod: Folks, don't be encouraging each other to troll this thing, it's not appropriate here (or elsewhere, tbh, but it's definitely not appropriate here).

No-one needs an "Irish website attacks family fundraising appeal" headline, regardless of what it's about.

I'd be proud of that headline TBH. 'Family fundraising appeal AHHAHAHAHhahahahhahahahahahh..... ahhh... seriously?

#askwhy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Oh, I know, but you know how media picks up on these things and it's potential trouble that Boards doesn't need or want. I'd prefer to leave it at that though, rather than discuss moderation on-thread. If anyone wants to question it further, please PM me.

People believe fake news. Just the times we live in. You can put a spin on
    anything. My mother is 72 and has recently discovered the internet and believes everything she sees on the net. We're going - Mammy it's not all true.

Mammy:I saw it on the internet, so it must be true.

Aneoil: Mammy what site was that?

Mammy: Oh it's that paper in Waterford.

Aneoil: What paper in Waterford?

Mammy: The Waterford Whisperer.

I'm not joking. Last Christmas she was disgusted that George Clooney was breaking up with Amal.

It wasn't true but she bought into whatever fake news site she watched. Could we convince her it was total rubbish? Not a hope.

She doesn't believe her five children (and their husbands) who love her and have her best interests at heart but she will quite happily believe some random fake news site.

I don't want to derail this thread, but sometimes people are not aware of all the facts and believe the facts that are fed to them are true.

Not really, Rolling Stone put the Boston Bomber Jahar Tsarnaev on it's cover and thousands of teenage girls quivered and screamed that he must be innocent because he's dreamy!

There's no shortage of delusional eejits in this world.

Samaris wrote: »
    Oh, I know, but you know how media picks up on these things and it's potential trouble that Boards doesn't need or want. I'd prefer to leave it at that though, rather than discuss moderation on-thread. If anyone wants to question it further, please PM me.

Frankly boards could use the publicity, it might drive some traffic.
    And what does it say about boards that it would quiver at the thought of some random poster musing about $h1tposting a sociopathic murderer?
    If the thought of press critisism for doing that (and personally I'd love to know what outlet would have the brass cajones? The North Carolina Eagle?) makes boards quiver, it doesn't speak well of the platform.

Personally I wouldn't donate the sweat off my balls just to $h1tpost somebody like that.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Quoting you again because I missed this in my comment.

I didn't realise before that there were dogs in the house. I have dogs and they hear things I don't and react to them. There is no way the dogs didn't hear this and react to it. Tom and Molly aren't the only two that know what happened. Sharon (the wife/mother) also knows and is covering for them.

You are right my dog will hear things that I will happily sleep through. But

when he hears things his bark is so loud he will wake the whole house. We live

in an old cottage with walls nearly 3 foot thick and our dog can bark so loud

everyone can hear him.

Dogs never lie unless they have eaten your shoes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Look at this delusional comment with a donation.
    I support all women in an abusive relationship, I empathize with these 2 people having to give 25 years for their freedom. I also wonder about the circumstances of the husband's first wife's death from an asthma attack. What brought this about. Where did it happen. Who was with her. Also what of the children, have they given any testimony. Please God justice is done by all.

What brought about the asthma attack? What the actual fubar? People have some neck dragging his first wife's death into it, really shows how the family tried to spin it all to try and cover Molly's crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,322 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Police believe he was dead an hour before the 911 call. Their hands were clean. Must have done a bit of washing. It was have been, so wrong if both were not convicted. But they were.

Advertisement