Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

January wrote: »
    Just watching the 20/20 interview and seen the picture of the hair in Jasons hand. It's not even intertwined in his fingers ffs.

The bedroom was carpeted - there could have been some stray hairs lying about on the carpet that could have easily got on Jason's hand when he was close to the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭spillit67

Just on the recording. I hear an agitated man, nothing more. It's an argument.

The interview with the son is highly suspect, as has been stated.

The only two people in the world who seem to have a bad word about the man were the father and the daughter. Their stories are just not believable.

A shambles of a documentary from ABC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newgirlpp

People are still donating money. Beggars belief.

Well the initial large sum of $2k came from her brother. Not sure if that's still visible but was obviously to get it moving. Couple more $1k donations since but who knows - could be family too just trying to create a storm to coincide with the 20/20 biased documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Water John wrote: »
    Not sure where you are going with this Fepper. A friend of mine married a woman who already had a child. He never wanted, asked to adopt or change the name of the child. Always there as the child grew to be a fine woman, loved by all his extended family. If you are secure in yourself, such things don't matter.

It's my understanding that if he had consented to adoption he would never have been able to take the kids and move home to Ireland without her consent. As soon as she had adopted the kids she could have divorced him and even if she didn't win custody he couldn't even leave the state with them let alone leave USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

spillit67 wrote: »

The only two people in the world who seem to have a bad word about the man were the father and the daughter. Their stories are just not believable.

I haven't seen it yet - is it Jack that's being interviewed? Surely they'd need to retract that if it is given that presumably his surviving legal guardians did not give permission for him to be televised/ interviewed?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭beertons

If they delete a comment, and that person donates, do they refund the donation?

How long were they married for?

They married in 2011. She murdered him in 2015. He was in the US on a work visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Grawns wrote: »
    They married in 2011. She murdered him in 2015. He was in the US on a work visa.

Would he have got permanent residency in usa as he married an American citizen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Grawns wrote: »
    It's my understanding that if he had consented to adoption he would never have been able to take the kids and move home to Ireland without her consent. As soon as she had adopted the kids she could have divorced him and even if she didn't win custody he couldn't even leave the state with them let alone leave USA.

If they had children together,it would be the same situation if they divorced,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Neyite wrote: »
    I haven't seen it yet - is it Jack that's being interviewed? Surely they'd need to retract that if it is given that presumably his surviving legal guardians did not give permission for him to be televised/ interviewed?

Theres recorded footage of him shouting at her. She's carrying on as normal and he's getting frustrated that she's ignoring him and Sarah can be heard screaming at them to stop fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

It seems obvious to me that she killed him herself before the father had arrived at all. Why all the phone calls on route? The story doesn't make sense after that. E.g. Mother heard nothing. Dogs etc

Also if she was in such a abusive relationship why didn't she confide with a friend or someone else outside the family or even use the conversation/meeting with her lawyer in her defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

fepper wrote: »
    Would he have got permanent residency in usa as he married an American citizen

Residency like that takes a long time in the US

razor8 wrote: »
    It seems obvious to me that she killed him herself before the father had arrived at all. Why all the phone calls on route? The story doesn't make sense after that. E.g. Mother heard nothing. Dogs etc

Also if she was in such a abusive relationship why didn't she confide with a friend or someone else outside the family or even use the conversation/meeting with her lawyer in her defence?

He was alive when the parents arrived as the neighbour said it was about 8.30pm

He was alive when the parents arrived as the neighbour said it was about 8.30pm

Ok but did they see Jason?

razor8 wrote: »
    Ok but did they see Jason?

Yes he was drinking with the neighbours

Yes he was drinking with the neighbours

Ok that's that theory out the window. Just remembering I read Jason carried suitcases in

• Registered Users Posts: 21,322 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The 911 call was around 3 am and the police believe Jason was dead about an hour.
    That is one of the core facts. The man was not dead 4 or 5 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Missix

spillit67 wrote: »

And it's funny how the 2 people who were supposed to testify that it was an abusive relationship (2 of her brothers) failed to testify when it came down to it.

Her third brother seems to have washed his hands of it altogether,not testifying or even showing up in court to offer support.He might well be the one good apple in the Martens barrel.

fepper wrote: »
    If they had children together,it would be the same situation if they divorced,

Only if he had consented to adoption. As it stood they were Irish citizens, there under the terms of a temporary work visa of third dads. He could have taken steps to change this but all signs point to him wanting to return to Ireland.

Eventually, it takes a long time to get permanent residency. It is not always granted quickly or easily.

Especially if you refuse to apply for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,322 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think people who put forward the idea that she has BPD could well be correct. Very difficult for those that have it and those around them. It requires to be acknowledged by all the family and the person themselves for management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Conor Martens is now the social media manager on the funding site. Nice to drop him a line and wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

There's a good chance that the brothers are in shock too . I doubt if they were ever let in on the real story of what happened that night and they believed the bs they have been fed for the last two years. One of the brothers seems to have washed his hands of them, Stuart I believe. The lad whose bat it was.
    I feel so sorry for Jason to have met up with her at all. She went from a psychiatric Ward to his home in a very short space of time. Poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

According to this, Connor (Martens son) says the last comment Molly made leaving the courthouse was to the father not the mother.

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Son-of-FBI-man-convicted-of-murder--439920883.html

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MichaelGaughan

So much here to refute and to add to. I don't know where to start. There is a forum called Websleuths. They are well respected and have done good work sleuthing cases and identifying people over the years who were lost in death. They have a thread for this case. There are lawyers and authors and all sorts of people there. They are diligent in their work. You will learn a lot you never knew about this case if you read there. Molly is one f*cked up human being...read the book her ex wrote about her. Her parents no better.

The way that woman has used Social Media to manipulate Jason's kids and those who have fell for it makes me despair. Jason's family are the only ones who deserve our support.

Sleep Easy Jason. Thank God you were wise enough to make sure those children went to your sister and not those people who had no time for the Irish anyway.

Jason Corbett , I am so sorry for you. You were taken advantage of at your most vulnerable.

Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

Theres recorded footage of him shouting at her. She's carrying on as normal and he's getting frustrated that she's ignoring him and Sarah can be heard screaming at them to stop fighting.

Evidence of him raising his voice once. Convienently recorded by her without his knowledge.
    She was baiting him - it was setting him up so she would have evidence.
    Sounds like a typical family agrument, he's frustrated yes but abusive no.
    The defense couldn't find anyone else to testify that she was in an abusive relationship, no doctors reports, no friends, her family didn't testify in the end, no counselling re DV, nothing.

They coached the kids or the interviews fgs - everything was manipulated and it annoys me that people are taken in by the lies.

Advertisement