Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    They still can't do anything about the followers names.

But they can and they are. They are having them removed by Admin on a regular basis. Only the determination of those users who are putting them back is what you see now.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Great comment in update page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Forgive my ignorance guys but is clicking on that go fund me and viewing it all the time not pushing it up a list somewhere if you know what I mean?

You know the most viewed pages etc.

I just don't want to do anything that gives them any further coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

But they can and they are. They are having them removed by Admin on a regular basis. Only the determination of those users who are putting them back is what you see now.

Very easy to have a new user name. Fill the name and surname field. Supply a 'real sounding email address, password confirm password. Job done 40 seconds tops.

Crea wrote: »
    Great comment in update page.

Yes, from a Marion Little, the same poster who's original comment was removed by Mona.
    Why do you keep removing comments, Mona? Don’t want people to see the truth, right? Molly and Tom took someone’s life. Whatever their reasons for doing that, what they did was wrong. They committed a crime and have been rightly punished for doing so. They brutally took the life of another person, continuing to hit him after he was down and unable to fight back. They continued to hit him when he was already dead. They committed a cruel, callous, violent crime and the supporters, friends and family that you continue to lie to deserve to know this before they hand over their hard earned money to you. My previous comment, which you deleted was valid. No reason to delete it. Let those poor children who have been orphaned by Molly and Tom’s brutal CRIME grow up in peace without these continuous lies and people trying to justify their father’s murder.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Mona is getting annoyed now, she's deleting the comments faster now. Who will tire first Mona?

pilly wrote:
    Forgive my ignorance guys but is clicking on that go fund me and viewing it all the time not pushing it up a list somewhere if you know what I mean?

Might actually do some genuine causes some good whilst p*$$ing off the auntie of a killer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

She keeps deleting, but it keeps going back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Might actually do some genuine causes some good whilst p*$$ing off the auntie of a killer.

Yeah but what I mean is will it push them up to the most viewed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Link to the page? Sorry cant view previous pages for some reason.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

At some stage Ireland is out of bed long before America is....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Won't someone spare a thought for poor Mona and the calluses on her fingers :pac:

pilly wrote:

Have you seen the followers names , do you think Mona wants them seen?

pilly wrote: »

It might also push the comments Mona wants deleted to the fore?

Here's another article on that funding page:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/claims-against-corbett-removed-from-website-after-complaints-1.3183645

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Some of those comments are really deluded:
    Tom is a very gentle soul.
    Molly is one of the kindest, gentlest people I have ever met.

So gentle that they brutally beat him to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

She's deleted some names...ahem...4 times already today! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Had a quick look at that go fund me, cant really blame the sister for being delusional but 13000 dollars is a small amount and isnt likely to get much higher as I think those sort of things get money early and then it slows down. It doesnt affect the outcome of the trial its just an online version of shouting my sister and father are innocent and trying to claw some money out of it.

salmocab wrote: »
    Had a quick look at that go fund me, cant really blame the sister for being delusional but 13000 dollars is a small amount and isnt likely to get much higher as I think those sort of things get money early and then it slows down. It doesnt affect the outcome of the trial its just an online version of shouting my sister and father are innocent and trying to claw some money out of it.

What's with the "my sister and father are innocent"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

Wow Just read the update they posted. These people are nuts.

Quoted from the GoGetFunding page:

As we continue our funding campaign I wanted to take a moment to reach out across the miles to all of the kind and loving people of Ireland who believe that all is not as it appears. Some of you are courageously standing up with us already and for that we are grateful beyond words. We also know that a large number of you may want to help but may be fearful. Please know that we understand that fear completely. If we can be terrorized from across the ocean the threat is only that much closer where you live. To those of you in fear please know that you can donate anonymously and you can also send me a private message through the fundraising site. Thank you all for your loving thoughts, kind words and generous donations but most of all for your courage and bravery.

What's with the "my sister and father are innocent"

Like I said shes dellusional, I suspect its a family trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That Mona one is clearly deluded and trolling and is trying to get a rise out of people. What a knob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Just had a look. Pretty poor amount raised you would guess by immediate family, friends and some other sympathisers. The evidence is damning and the case closed. What an awful family to continue to drag the Corbetts through hell with slander and lies. Shame on them. I guess FBI Tom still thinks he'll get off scot free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

irishmoss wrote: »
    Wow Just read the update they posted. These people are nuts.

Quoted from the GoGetFunding page:

As we continue our funding campaign I wanted to take a moment to reach out across the miles to all of the kind and loving people of Ireland who believe that all is not as it appears. Some of you are courageously standing up with us already and for that we are grateful beyond words. We also know that a large number of you may want to help but may be fearful. Please know that we understand that fear completely. If we can be terrorized from across the ocean the threat is only that much closer where you live. To those of you in fear please know that you can donate anonymously and you can also send me a private message through the fundraising site. Thank you all for your loving thoughts, kind words and generous donations but most of all for your courage and bravery.

:eek: This lot are crazy!

What do they plan to do with the money they raise?

Andy Magic wrote: »
    :eek: This lot are crazy!

Pay legal costs and mount an appeal I suppose

Andy Magic wrote:

They have a civil case to fight and an appeal to mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Of course, the trial is over, the verdict handed down, all we can do now is speculate.

So with that in mind, Is it possible that with daddy's military and FBI background he was himself a regimental control freak? a bully who demanded that his wife and family stood to attention when he said so?

Maybe our Tom was a street angel and a house devil and his wife was afraid of him so thought better to simply shut up and do what she was told?

He's certainly very domineering and 'righteous' (in his own words). Some of the jury remarked that they were annoyed by his arrogance. To my eyes, his wife looks very cowed. By all accounts, they are rather well off, living in a very prestigious area. You would not think that by looking at her - the way she dresses and the way she walks, with shoulders bent - in strong contrast to her husband who cockily swaggered into court every day. It is not outside the realms of possibility that he dominated the household.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Like I said shes dellusional, I suspect its a family trait.

Your initial post stated the following
    Had a quick look at that go fund me, cant really blame the sister for being delusional

What sister, who's sister are you talking about?

Advertisement