Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

That gogetfunds is usually for the very poor people who want funds for children's life saving ops or to build shelters,I thought that family would have good connections in that wealthy part of America with deep pockets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Your initial post stated the following

What sister, who's sister are you talking about?

Calm down, he got confused between aunt and sister, why the freak out?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Whos the owner of this account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I don't think this user is doing Boards any favours.

5c693a9774.JPG

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Well, he has been quoted many times as referring to any of the Irish he met as being "Difficult to understand" and "Uneducated".

He is one self righteous arrogant individual.

For anyone who watched the full 2020 interview, did you notice the excitement in his voice when he said something to the effect, "we were in the bathroom now, I had room to swing, so I hit him hard again" He almost got off on it.

He certainly seemed to have been biased against the Irish. He never seems to have visited Molly during the three years she was in Ireland,
    even though his wife came over to Limerick on a few occasions, from what I understand. Mind you, the reported carry on of Jason's family
    at the time of the wedding would not have improved any low opinion TM had of Jason's countrymen! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Whos the owner of this account

'Boards lynch mob' is an inaccurate name as there has been a trial and they were found guilty. Lynch mobs don't wait for such niceties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

It did make me giggle but I'd suggest whoever put that up to change it.

brooke 2 wrote:
    He certainly seemed to have been biased against the Irish. He never seems to have visited Molly during the three years she was in Ireland, even though his wife came over to Limerick on a few occasions, from what I understand. Mind you, the reported carry on of Jason's family at the time of the wedding would not have improved any low opinion TM had of Jason's countrymen!

What 'carry on' was reported?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

brooke 2 wrote: »
    He certainly seemed to have been biased against the Irish. He never seems to have visited Molly during the three years she was in Ireland,
    even though his wife came over to Limerick on a few occasions, from what I understand. Mind you, the reported carry on of Jason's family
    at the time of the wedding would not have improved any low opinion TM had of Jason's countrymen! :(

What carry on? Drinking and smoking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Someone rode in on a horse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    One of the jurors said that Tom thought he was cleverer than county law enforcement agencies, she then said Tom was wrong.

Yes, they seemed to have taken a visceral dislike towards him, which would
    not have helped his case.

Poor Mona will have to get busy deleting comments again.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Missix

I don't think this user is doing Boards any favours.

5c693a9774.JPG

Yes,I also think the word 'Lynch' makes it look like Tracey has sent us all over there.She hasn't,so it might be better if whoever used that name could please delete/change it?

How in the sweet name of Jesus does someone sit down, get their credit card out, and donate to someone who was found guilty by a Jury? I have been very non committal about the case itself, I certainly did not join the cries of "oh it's awful, how could they say that". Trials for serious crime are tough and bruising, they are not meant to be a eulogy for the victim, the system is adversarial and nasty things will be said and accusations will fly. But it's over, a verdict reached, there is no suggestion of a miscarriage of justice...why would anyone part with their hard earned to help a stranger convicted of murder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Mind you, the reported carry on of Jason's family
    The only carry on I heard about that wedding was Molly having a meltdown and throwing her parents and bridesmaid out.

How in the sweet name of Jesus does someone sit down, get their credit card out, and donate to someone who was found guilty by a Jury? I have been very non committal about the case itself, I certainly did not join the cries of "oh it's awful, how could they say that". Trials for serious crime are tough and bruising, they are not meant to be a eulogy for the victim, the system is adversarial and nasty things will be said and accusations will fly. But it's over, a verdict reached, there is no suggestion of a miscarriage of justice...why would anyone part with their hard earned to help a stranger convicted of murder?

The comments on the abc 20/20 page will answer the first part of your question. There are a lot of people in the States that believed Jason killed his first wife due to the lies the Martens told. The DV angle has also garnished considerable support particularly from women who suffered DV.

See what's on Mona's update page now....
    For those needing assistance with anonymous donation or any issues pertaining to the funding site please contact Victoria at Go Get Funding directly: tickets@gogetfunding.uservoice.com

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

See what's on Mona's update page now....

That's not from Mona, it reads to me as if the site is getting worried about their credibility due to the posts and comments they have received both on the sites main page and in the print media. They cream 4% off the top of all fundraising activity. Lots of money involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I followed that gofundme but how do you comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    That's not from Mona, it reads to me as if the site is getting worried about their credibility due to the posts and comments they have received both on the sites main page and in the print media. They cream 4% off the top of all fundraising activity. Lots of money involved.

Jaysus they "cream" 4%... They charge for a service they offer and provide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Because she's blonde and white and pretty and "All American"
    so therefore she couldn't possibly be a cold blooded murderer and would be child snatcher now could she?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Mod: Okay, I am calling time on this thread. The culprits have been found guilty, sentenced and sent to prison and this has turned now into the ongoing saga of the aunt's GoFundMe page. Given this has resulted in muppetry from Boards users who don't have the cop on to not call themselves things like Boards Lynch Mob, and people looking for help in commenting on it, it's time the thread was closed.

It may be reopened (or a new thread started) if there is actually an appeal.

Yes, I am a spoilsport.

Attorneys for Thomas Martens and Molly Corbett, convicted of murdering Irish businessman Jason Corbett, say in court papers filed Wednesday 16th August 2017 that the jury verdict should be thrown out, accusing some of the jurors of misconduct.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crime/attorneys-allege-jury-misconduct-in-corbett-trial/article_f2c5d737-a38d-5732-998c-8f899c170ed0.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

For crying out loud

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

All because apparently they talked and went on social media AFTER the trial.
    They're desperate off they are resorting to innuendo.

They really appear to be grasping at straws now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Thomas Martens and his daughter Molly are convicted killers and liars. Is there no depth to the depravity they will sink to.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

Hopefully they'll get their retrial, for first degree murder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Thread re-opened and merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

MOD No more references to the GoFundMe page. It descending into chaos the last time around and it will only get the thread closed down.

Advertisement