Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trial of Molly Martens

Options

Comments

Very few, if anyone, would be properly equipped to conduct an interview with a teenager who has experienced such losses.

Unfortunately Tubridy isn't equipped to conduct interviews with human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Daddy dearest and his absolute nut case of a spawn should never see the light of day again. What pieces of work they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Totally wasn't expecting this to happen,

Hopefully they get found guilty of 1st degree murder in the retrial

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

SusieBlue wrote: »

It seems from day one she was obsessed with his children and the fact that they didn't go on to have any of their own together makes it all the more sinister.
    Its like she was using him for his kids and then attempted to discard him to have full control and access to them (among other reasons).

Theres definitely a strong element of her needing absolute control of the children. When she couldnt have that she lost the plot completely. After she killed him she even sent Jasons parents adoption papers as well as an ambulance bill for removing his body from the house. Shes a very sick individual.

Sure his family had to jump through massive hoops to get the kids back into their custody, and that was before she was ever charged.
    Her and her family shut down all communiation between Jason's family in Limerick & his children after his death, and that was absolutely dispicable.
    It was beyond cruel.

From memory Molly did try to make contact with the children in Limerick, she was trying to get to the children through Facebook. At one point she was trying to hire an airplane to fly over their school in Limerick at lunchtime with a banner behind it with a message containing her contact details. The airplane company in Shannon refused to fly the banner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

The stress of the last few years has done a number on her face. Very attractive woman before the incident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Those bastards should be left to rot in jail. Beating a man to death with a brick and a baseball bat and calling it self defence is sick and an insult to his family. Hopefully she won't get away with it and hopefully she won't try to contact his children.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

First degree murder will still be a possibility in the retrial ,

I'd half expect the Martens to reach out to trump some how

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Sickened to hear this news, those kids and the Corbett family have been through enough.
    Hope they get longer in the slammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Those bastards should be left to rot in jail. Beating a man to death with a brick and a baseball bat and calling it self defence is sick and an insult to his family. Hopefully she won't get away with it and hopefully she won't try to contact his children.

Don't forget the "While he was asleep" bit...

And how under those circumstances can they plead "Self defense"

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whitecarstones

Hope they both get the death penalty. But are put in solitary confinement for years first. So angry to hear this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Be right back

Gatling wrote: »

I think they did try to contact Obama when first charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,498 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm amazed they were even convicted in the first place tbh. Always assumed his connections and her looks would let them skip away scot free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,783 ✭✭✭billyhead

I am fuming over this. They should not see the light of day again. They will probably get a reduced sentence. Absolute joke if they do.

Her aunt tweeted Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'm amazed they were even convicted in the first place tbh. Always assumed his connections and her looks would let them skip away scot free.

I think that is exactly what THEY thought was going to happen tbh .

billyhead wrote: »
    I am fuming over this. They should not see the light of day again. They will probably get a reduced sentence. Absolute joke if they do.

They probably will.

Load of twitter americans supporting them alreasy calling it justice.

They marketed themselves as the "all american family" doting daddy and daughter shúte and it was lapped up.

Why would Americans care if an Irishman was killed with how connected he is and gorgeous she is?

Barack didnt back them but Trump may well tweet in on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Two deluded imbeciles. It’s one of those cases where the more I read about it the more it infuriates me. Anyone who supports them is as sick in the head as they are. Vile narcissistic creatures hope they rot.

Two deluded imbeciles. It’s one of those cases where the more I read about it the more it infuriates me. Anyone who supports them is as sick in the head as they are. Vile narcissistic creatures hope they rot.
    They should have got death ffs.

I really don't know how they can claim self defence when there was no marks on either of them and poor Jason was severely beaten.

I really don't know how they can claim self defence when there was no marks on either of them and poor Jason was severely beaten. That night, Molly had to be asked to stop rubbing her neck.

The evidence was overwhelming. There was no case.

• Advertisement

The evidence was overwhelming. There was no case.

I agree but that family and all their followers seem to think there was.

I agree but that family and all their followers seem to think there was.

Well thats because they are American heroes.

Same idea as the Berkley case and the negligence. Americans first then anyone else just doesnt matter.

Well thats because they are American heroes.

Same idea as the Berkley case and the negligence. Americans first then anyone else just doesnt matter.

Not forgetting that Daddy dear was in the FBI.

@ Mods- there's an ongoing thread in AH from the olde days before this forum that's reactivated and being contributed to so probably best to delete this one now and maybe transfer out that thread into this forum if more appropriate?
    Anyway, I'll report my own post to get the thread taken down. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

That was my first though seeing the news

Good looks and FBI ... retrial

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Not forgetting that Daddy dear was in the FBI.

Just gogled and watched that 48 hours Molly Martens special - frighteningly imbalanced and even more frightening the manipulative manner age went about setting up untraceble flimsy murder alabis after she and her father killed him.

Even the jurors for the trial said it - he never expected a little county police force to question and stand up to the FBI. they thought they would get away with it. Thank God for the prosecution team who fought on behalf of Jason: killed in cold blood as he slept by a deadbeat golddigger and her self entitled ex fbi crimescene father.

White, middle class and former FBI.

If this goes to re-trial, The bastard and the b1tch should rot in hell but they won't- they'll put forward a defence of diminished responsibility from some trumped up disparaging allegation against the deceased coupled with "medical evidence" that they've had 3 years to dream up and the jury will agree and the sentence will be "time served".

I must say, I took some comfort when their bollox appeal on gofundme was open to ridicule for a few days by anyone who cared to just register and post comments.

Psyco bitch and lying bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

This is unreal, cant believe this is going to retrial. Wouldnt be suprised to see these ***** get off though.

Think shes be in trouble a few times inaide too, cell phones etc. Open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Moving to CA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gatling wrote: »

Bit of a risk for them as 1st degree murder carries the death penalty in North Carolina. Dont think it will go there but it is on the cards if a judge decides so.

But its clear that they think a fresh jury, many who will already have read about the case, is their best chance of getting off. Sad thing is it might work too. :(

Advertisement