Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

query thanks

Options
  • 26-07-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Hope to set up a nest cam outdoor to watch front garden do I need a GFCI or can I just plug it in to a socket in bedroom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Anyone

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You shouldn't need to.Is it running off a low voltage power supply that will be located inside at the socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

faolteam wrote: »
    Hope to set up a nest cam outdoor to watch front garden do I need a GFCI or can I just plug it in to a socket in bedroom

If you have a proper out door socket the camera can be plugged into that, not really advisable tho as it can be easily plugged out.
    The better option is to route a cable direct into the camera if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

altor wrote:
    If you have a proper out door socket the camera can be plugged into that, not really advisable tho as it can be easily plugged out. The better option is to route a cable direct into the camera if possible.

What's the PSU like on the nest cam? Would you close an outside socket door over it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Stoner wrote: »
    What's the PSU like on the nest cam? Would you close an outside socket door over it

Don't know the dimensions but if you decided to do it this way you could also use an ip rated box for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement