Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile roaming data usage was not taken from existing data allowance and billed d

Options
  • 26-07-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was in the UK for 3 days at the start of July. A number of calls, texts and a small quantity of data were used in the UK. The calls and texts were correctly taken from my allowance, but it appears that the data used was not taken from the allowance (despite plenty being available!) and I was subsequently billed for each day of data I was there. I contacted Eir customer services and they have agreed to refund the amount involved. However the very helpful customer service agent was not able to offer an explanation as to why this happened, although she noted it on the account and advised I make my own enquiries if I was still concerned.

So yes, I am still concerned that this has happened, particularly as I will be visiting the UK more frequently in the next while. I am convinced that this is a glitch in the billing system.

Can someone look at this please and confirm why I was incorrectly billed and that whatever reason caused this has been addressed and it will not happen again.

My details are available on request!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi

I was in the UK for 3 days at the start of July. A number of calls, texts and a small quantity of data were used in the UK. The calls and texts were correctly taken from my allowance, but it appears that the data used was not taken from the allowance (despite plenty being available!) and I was subsequently billed for each day of data I was there. I contacted Eir customer services and they have agreed to refund the amount involved. However the very helpful customer service agent was not able to offer an explanation as to why this happened, although she noted it on the account and advised I make my own enquiries if I was still concerned.

So yes, I am still concerned that this has happened, particularly as I will be visiting the UK more frequently in the next while. I am convinced that this is a glitch in the billing system.

Can someone look at this please and confirm why I was incorrectly billed and that whatever reason caused this has been addressed and it will not happen again.

My details are available on request!
    Hi PukkaStukka,

thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with your bill. Can you PM me your number, PIN and full name so I can check on this for you please? 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

PM sent
    Thanks for that. I will go through my PM's shortly and I'll be back in touch with you today.

- Adam

Advertisement