Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning to drive Sligo

Options
  • 26-07-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Can anyone recommend places to practice driving around Sligo? Such as industrial estates, quiet car parks, etc. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Carraroe retail park, Currys side is usually empty! My dad brought me down finisklin on a sunday (a million years ago), usually quiet enough then!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 beryl1

Thanks Mcgiggles, very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Maybe stick to Finisklin after 6 or 7pm, or weekends, when will be quieter. Also consider practising around the test route, your instructer should be able to advice on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Finisklin is very good, plenty of places to try out some of the trickier maneuvers, 3 point turns, reversing around corners etc....

You probably need a quiet hill to practice the hill starts. The green road, which is out past doorley park towards holywell and the steep hill on the right. Generally quiet enough there.

I might be showing my age as all those maneuvers may not be tested anymore.

I see people practicing the reversing round the corner at the Crozon Inn, this must be one of the places on the route.

For that you need to identify the spot on the back window that alligns with the kerb and keep this alligned as you reverse around the corner.

You can do it with a sticker / post it / in practice and remove for the test.

This might help.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmLW_hgAXHf5O9K_CooLKA

Advertisement