Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic funds transfer / account security

Options
  • 26-07-2017 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Is it safe for me to give my account details to a third party , in order for them to do a funds transfer into my account. I'm sure they can't withdraw money from my account ? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Many invoices have bank details on them to facilitate payment, this is normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Alibaba wrote: »
    Is it safe for me to give my account details to a third party , in order for them to do a funds transfer into my account. I'm sure they can't withdraw money from my account ? 
    Hi Alibaba,

Thanks for your post. It is fine to provide a third party with your BIC and IBAN to transfer funds into your account. SEPA transfers require these details, to send a payment.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Thanks Jane

Advertisement