Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-connection - should I receive a physical cert?

Options
  • 26-07-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi ,

I had a house re-connected to the mains after over 2 years disconnected recently (separate thread). The REC told me that he issued a completion certificate online (or through the RECI system). I'm assuming that the cert must have been completed as ESB Networks completed the re-connection a couple of months back.

Should I receive a physical cert from the REC? I'm meeting the REC this week as we have been in dispute over the size of the bill.
    Do I need the physical cert in case of future sales even if one is on file with RECI / ESB Networks?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

You are entitled to a copy of the Completion Certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 daoirse

Thanks for that. Do I need it for any future sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

daoirse wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Do I need it for any future sale?
    Probably not. However, a future surveyor would probably view it in a positive light if they found it tucked into the consumer unit

Advertisement