Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding ulster bank loan

• 27-07-2017 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I made an online application the 4th of july for a loan with ulster bank.I then received a letter on the 14th saying they were pleased to tell me I passed the initial assessment and to sign direct debit mandate and pre credit agreement and because I bank with them they needed nothing else jus my lease which they sent bk by registered post over a week and a half ago my question is how long more will i be waiting and do you think I will be approved?i have to be honest id be rather annoyed since its going on a few weeks waiting to being told no I really would like to know where I stand.anyone else having same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 DebbieVenice

Aimee123 wrote: »
    I made an online application the 4th of july for a loan with ulster bank.I then received a letter on the 14th saying they were pleased to tell me I passed the initial assessment and to sign direct debit mandate and pre credit agreement and because I bank with them they needed nothing else jus my lease which they sent bk by registered post over a week and a half ago my question is how long more will i be waiting and do you think I will be approved?i have to be honest id be rather annoyed since its going on a few weeks waiting to being told no I really would like to know where I stand.anyone else having same problem?

I'm having the same problem. Applied online on July 3rd and still waiting. Phoned earlier to be told that they've received my letter from my landlord but it hasnt been scanned onto the system yet. Once that happens they'll make a final decision. I got agreement in principal on July 3rd. I am beyond frustrated as I'm on holiday to buy a car. They could give me NO idea of timeline so I could be back at work before a decision is even made!! I should also mention this was the second letter from my landlord - they rejected the first because it wasn't addressed directly to Ulster Bank. I have no idea why it is taking so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aimee123

I got a call from earlier today saying that I was declined as I am not a homeowner and i was like huh??apparently they had an impression i was building onto my council house when i said i want to do up a sensory room for autistic son and get a new car they said the will go back to processing team and see will they change the decision im fuming really bad like im with this bank 7+ years have a steady income..never have i heard it takes a month to process a loan
    I'm having the same problem. Applied online on July 3rd and still waiting. Phoned earlier to be told that they've received my letter from my landlord but it hasnt been scanned onto the system yet. Once that happens they'll make a final decision. I got agreement in principal on July 3rd. I am beyond frustrated as I'm on holiday to buy a car. They could give me NO idea of timeline so I could be back at work before a decision is even made!! I should also mention this was the second letter from my landlord - they rejected the first because it wasn't addressed directly to Ulster Bank. I have no idea why it is taking so long.

I got a call from earlier today saying that I was declined as I am not a homeowner and i was like huh??apparently they had an impression i was building onto my council house when i said i want to do up a sensory room for autistic son and get a new car they said the will go back to processing team and see will they change the decision im fuming really bad like im with this bank 7+ years have a steady income..never have i heard it takes a month to process a loan

That's terrible news. How can they just make assumptions like that? Hopefully they'll reconsider. I've only been a customer for 4 years. I'm worried they'll say no. A month is too long to wait though.

Thanks hun i know its awful i jus hope they reconsider and for godsake sort their processing out quicker within a reasonable time.im sure you will get it but like they shouldnt get peoples hopes up by saying you have passed the initial assessment and then say no esp after a month when u could be looking elsewhere.id b very annoyed if they now say no after telling me the only reason they declined was because i was building onto my home and now iv put them straight on that i cant see why they can refuse.
    That's terrible news. How can they just make assumptions like that? Hopefully they'll reconsider. I've only been a customer for 4 years. I'm worried they'll say no. A month is too long to wait though.

Thanks hun i know its awful i jus hope they reconsider and for godsake sort their processing out quicker within a reasonable time.im sure you will get it but like they shouldnt get peoples hopes up by saying you have passed the initial assessment and then say no esp after a month when u could be looking elsewhere.id b very annoyed if they now say no after telling me the only reason they declined was because i was building onto my home and now iv put them straight on that i cant see why they can refuse.

Fingers crossed we both get a positive result. They do need to reduce the application processing time. A month is far too long. Not good enough especially when we could look elsewhere!

• Advertisement

Exactly keep me posted and likewise ill do the same 😊😊
    Fingers crossed we both get a positive result. They do need to reduce the application processing time. A month is far too long. Not good enough especially when we could look elsewhere!

Exactly keep me posted and likewise ill do the same 😊😊

I will do hun. 🀞

Advertisement