Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Girl Eating alone in Dublin

Options
  • 27-07-2017 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Im headiing to Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1 to do an exam for Clerical Officer this Friday. As its a late exam, I was hoping to find some where local and friendly for a meal, that wouldnt mind 1 person taking up a table. Any ideas please? Am not familar with Dublin at all. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Any particular style of food that you're looking for? You'll be spoiled for choice to be honest so best to narrow it down to something specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Back2work

Passenger wrote: »
    Any particular style of food that are you looking for? You'll be spoiled for choice to be honest so best to narrow it down to something specific.

Thanks, its not the food Im worried about, I eat everything. I just want somewhere that I wont stick out like a sore thumb

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BottleOfSmoke

Dublin girl here. I wouldn't think twice about walking into any place and asking for a table for one. It's very normal. The staff won't bat an eyelid, or look behind you for someone else to be showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

mmm, boojum, burrito, communal tables.
    Good luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Jeez, you seem very circumspect. You'd be fairly inconspicuous to be fair unless you're going to be wearing a luminous jacket or something. :D Eddie Rockets would do the job, there's one on O'Connell street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BottleOfSmoke

By the way, good luck with the exam. I'm in my forties - trust me, staff won't think anything of you walking in on your own. Some places have newspapers to take to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Back2work

By the way, good luck with the exam. I'm in my forties - trust me, staff won't think anything of you walking in on your own. Some places have newspapers to take to the table.

Thanks to all for their replies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Pop into the italian quarter. I had dinner by myself in the morrison last friday which was nice. If earlier clodagh's kitchen in Arnott's can be good or upstairs in eason's. Westin can be good as well.

I eat often on my own, no big deal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Supermacs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There are a few Chinese up from PAS that do all you can eat buffets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

As others have said pick anywhere and staff won't care if you're alone. For Chinese try M&L on cathedral st, burgers try bobos, burittos try boojum, vietemese try hophouse kimchi on Parnell Street. There are loads of good places within a 10 minute walk.

Advertisement