Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost for reconfiguration of a bathroom

Options
  • 27-07-2017 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi everyone,
    We have a house that has an upstairs bathroom and shower currently in 2 different rooms. The toilet is in 1 room (1.72m x 0.85m) with a small bedroom beside it (3.00m x 2.31m) and the shower room beside that (2.10m x 1.40m). The configuration is as below;
    |  bed       |   shwr    |
    |               |               |
    |  WC  |
    Ideally, we would like to knock through into the bedroom and put a bath/shower into this room in order to have the toilet, sink, shower/bath in 1 room rather than 2 separate rooms. We will have our own toilet, sink and bath/shower bought before any work is done, so it is really only the labour costs that we like to know. 
    If anyone could give an approximation, would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Richard308

Hi Mate,
    I did an entire refurb of a rental house I own about 4 years ago direct labour. I thought I'd enjoy it. It turned out no one took any responsibility even though each tradesman was recommended. In my own house recently I put a new heating system and reconfigured two bathrooms. I met a company at a trade show and heard positive things about them. All I can say is I was happy. Work was top notch, cheaper than I hoped. They were aos construction. But they trade now as -snip- Honestly worth looking. I normally don't post on these type of things but it was stress free and they were on time and on budget. Couldn't ask for more

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eamokeno

Hi Richard,
    Thanks for the response, I'll give them a look.
    Did anyone give you a costing or an approximation for the work you needed to get done?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Richard308 wrote: »
    Hi Mate,
    I did an entire refurb of a rental house I own about 4 years ago direct labour. I thought I'd enjoy it. It turned out no one took any responsibility even though each tradesman was recommended. In my own house recently I put a new heating system and reconfigured two bathrooms. I met a company at a trade show and heard positive things about them. All I can say is I was happy. Work was top notch, cheaper than I hoped. They were aos construction. But they trade now as Snip I think. Honestly worth looking. I normally don't post on these type of things but it was stress free and they were on time and on budget. Couldn't ask for more

I got them out as well after meeting them at the Ideal Homes Expo, they quoted over €8,200ish to gut a 3m2 ensuite - toilet, sink and mixer shower, tiles only in shower and have them install new electric shower, toilet, sink and a small bit of tiling around the shower area. Also needed 5 old radiators changed in the house for new ones and all that entails with draining down gas boiler etc. I didn't go with them in the end, thought they were quite pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eamokeno

Thanks van_beano, good to know the approximate cost of all that work. Will be looking at some of that total work as well myself.

Advertisement