Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First timer: Build a cheap secondary gaming PC

Options
  • 27-07-2017 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

So I've always had the intention of building a proper gaming PC. However I've spent a lot of time working in different places and travelling. Now I'm back home and plan on moving again at some stage and I 100% plan on building a PC as soon as that happen.

However before I go off and build an expensive gaming rig (That one will probably cost €1000-1500), I was thinking I'd love to just build a cheap PC for me to learn how to build one and with only one purpose, to play Overwatch at 1080p & 60fps. I've been playing it on my macbook pro (bootcamped) at 30fps and not even HD and I think this would be a good time to just try and build something cheap and have it at home to mess around with whenever I want.

So now that storytime is over, I was hoping some far more intelligent posters than me could give me an idea on what specs I'd need to hit that benchmark.

Just to recap if you skipped or tl:dr
      Build a cheap PC to get to grips with PC Building
      Run Overwatch at 1080p & 60fps (Medium would be fine settings wise)

I imagine I'll try and keep as cheap as possible for this one by mostly buying second hand too. Thanks for any help.

Comments

Advertisement