Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learn Signal - ACCA - F7

• 27-07-2017 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for some advice please!!!
    I am nearly at my wits end with these exams!:confused:
    Failed F7 ( got 36%). This is my last F paper.
    I have found it the hardest paper my far and I attended college in the evenings for it but for some reason failed to grasp the concepts.
    I was looking into learn signal (online) Has any body used this or have any views on it? Or could anyone recommend an online resource other than open tuition for F7?

Kind regards,

Denise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭HeinekenTicket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Hey Densey12, I am currently sitting F7 in the Accountancy School, lectures given by Dave O' Donoghue. I'm doing the exam in September so I can let you know after that I found it. They do classroom lectures and online lectures too

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

robo wrote: »
    Hey Densey12, I am currently sitting F7 in the Accountancy School, lectures given by Dave O' Donoghue. I'm doing the exam in September so I can let you know after that I found it. They do classroom lectures and online lectures too

I would really appracite that Robo!
    I'm trying to reduce costs, as I already attended Griffith for it but I failed.
    No fault of Griffith , I just did not grasp it and did not put enough time into it!
    How are you finding it so far? Is it the paper exam you are doing?
    My only advice to you would be, not to under estimate the ratios and the interpretation of the accounts with ratios. i.e being able to comment on them!
    I know this came up in both March and June 2017 and I think possibly the December 2016 paper too.

In June it appeared as a 14 mark questions.
    They asked for you to calculate 4 specific ratios - which is fine
    But 10 marks were being awarded for being able to comment on them!

Our class over looked ratios as we felt we had covered them in so many other classes but this came against us big time in the actual exam!
    14 marks is a lot out of a of 20 marks and with little work you would score nearly full marks in this!!!

I must say the mcq's were very reasonable in June and prob the best I have done to date , my two long questions left me down big time and I know the 36% mostly came from the mcqs! Also just to note we didn't have any consolidation question to do, which also threw our class as we expected it to be a definite, so perhaps be expecting one in the September paper!! The computer based exam did have a consolidation but not the paper exam!

Advertisement