Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 27-07-2017 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

morning everyone
    i own an airrifle these past few years and want to substitute it for a .22lr
    My question is i dont have a moderator on my current licence. Is a moderator going to make a big difference when shooting a .22 rifle. I'll be using the rifle for bunnies mainly. Am i correct by saying that using subsonic ammo that theres no need for a moderator....confused??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

You will only use a moderator when firing subsonics as using it with HV ammo is kind of pointless as it will not silence HV ammo. No harm putting in for one on your FCA1 but you will have to write a note stating why you need it i.e.: shooting near livestock or within earshot of houses etc. I use my mod for comfort reasons. You won't need hearing protection when using the mod so that's one less piece of equipment to bring with you. I picked up a cheap Parker hale for €80 which does the job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 amjc1974

Luckysasha wrote: »
    You will only use a moderator when firing subsonics as using it with HV ammo is kind of pointless as it will not silence HV ammo. No harm putting in for one on your FCA1 but you will have to write a note stating why you need it i.e.: shooting near livestock or within earshot of houses etc. I use my mod for comfort reasons. You won't need hearing protection when using the mod so that's one less piece of equipment to bring with you. I picked up a cheap Parker hale for €80 which does the job nicely.

thanks for the reply....probably wont do any harm to put in for one alright.

I imagine substituting a .22 air rifle to a .22lr will be straightforward enough,or is it the same process as a new application

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Sorry not too familiar with the air gun side of things. I would imagine if it's the same application (FCA1) for an air rifle then it should be a substitution to a 22lr rifle. If the application for your air rifle was different in any way then I'd imagine it's a new application you will need.

Advertisement