Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening mortgage saver account online

Options
  • 27-07-2017 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi 

Could you please tell me how and when I can get response after I applied opening mortgage saver account online?

I applied mortgage saver account online and submitted all needed materials last month. After 3 weeks, still I didn't get any response yet, no email, no letter. Then I phoned, one said she can't find my application neither in local branch nor onlie. She said she would ask account opening department and call the back the day after. 
    But still no one called me, so I decided to give another try. I applied online again last Wednesday. Website gave hints will give response 5 business days if any issue. So I called again today, but the line is very busy!!

Now I am worried about my applications and where is all data I submitted??

Regards,
    Jing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi Jingq,

We're sorry to hear this.  Usually, when you apply online for a savings account, a statement is posted to you to confirm that the account is opened. Can I ask you some questions to try advise you further? Can you tell me how you applied online, was it through the www.bankofireland.com website, or through your banking 365 profile? Are you resident in the Republic of Ireland, or have you changed your address recently? Can you tell me the date you requested for your Direct Debit to leave your account?

Thanks
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jingq

Hi Jingq,

We're sorry to hear this.  Usually, when you apply online for a savings account, a statement is posted to you to confirm that the account is opened. Can I ask you some questions to try advise you further? Can you tell me how you applied online, was it through the bankofireland website, or through your banking 365 profile? Are you resident in the Republic of Ireland, or have you changed your address recently? Can you tell me the date you requested for your Direct Debit to leave your account?

Thanks
    Jane.
    Hi Jane,

Thanks for your response. 

I applied it via personalbanking.bankofireland.com/save-and-invest/savings/mortgagesaver/ which is the one BOI sent me via messages when I called. 
    Yes, I resident in Ireland and my address is not changed, exactly the same as the address proof I submitted online.
    Because I don't have a BOI account, but has AIB personal account. So I followed online instructions to fill every detail about my bank details.

I applied it twice and the date I set is 28th every month. I will check my account tomorrow to see if money get transferred to somewhere.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Jing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi Jingq,

Thank you for your reply. Can you send us a private message, as we would like to have a look into this further for you.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jingq

Hi Jingq,

Thank you for your reply. Can you send us a private message, as we would like to have a look into this further for you.

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane,

Could you please provide the one who I can send private message? or you can send to me?

Thanks,
    Jing

Advertisement