Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Parking?

Options
  • 27-07-2017 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looked through some older threads here about parking at Bord Gais theatre. Seeing a show next Saturday and was going to pre-book a parking space at Q Park for €15. I know it's expensive but it's not much more expensive than two of us getting the bus with our leap cards and it's a lot more convenient compared to walking 10-15 mins to the bus stop.

Someone on here said the parking is very tight, as in wing mirrors almost touching. Is it that bad? I drive an i30 so it's not a big car but not small either. I've parked in Drury St car park and that's fairly tight but manageable, I was thinking just to get there early and make it a bit easier on myself.

Then there's the part about on street parking being free but I'm not too keen of leaving the car around the Pearse St area. Too many gob****es do be around the area anytime I've been walking there in the past, and I've seen some people struggling to get out of spaces of the on street parking in the past.

Is the Q Park really that tight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's tight enough but shouldn't be a problem for an i3. Wouldn't have a problem parking on-stage either -- maybe park down on the quay as it's a little quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Would it be wrong of me to assume if I prebook a parking ticket the car park will keep a space free or is it possible for someone to just show up and take the last space? It's a small car park so it's likely to fill up. I just wouldn't want to pay €15 for parking and end up on the street. Although I plan on showing up in good time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've never been to a show that there were not spaces available for.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Convention centre car park is €10 from 6pm to midnight and there's always been plenty of parking when I've used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

What's the car park like during the day ? Im due to go to a matinee in Bord Gais next Wednesday

• Advertisement
Advertisement