Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators are Anti Diesel

Options
  • 27-07-2017 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭

biko wrote:
    Re: You have been banned
    Hi
    Please open a DRP if you wish.

biko wrote:
    Dear Special Circumstances,

You have been banned from Motors for three weeks for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.
    eeguy wrote:
    I know you're trolling, but anyhow.
    Mostly I'm parroting the posts and heartfelt opinions of some of boards staunchest derv fans, so you're waving that troll slur around at an awful lot of people on here.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

biko

Hi Biko,
    I'm gonna need a bit more to go on here, I 'm posting stuff that plenty of other posters would and have posted on the topic. Perhaps 10% amplification of their level.

I saw your hidden "stop messing" warning and made 3 more posts, none of which I regard as messing.

1 was me "bowing out" or at least "a step back".

Unfortunately two more posters quoted me and responded with "manipulations of the truth" or calling diesel defenders trolls.
    If you don't want people posting in the thread, can you at least make it clear to other users not to quote that person. I felt compelled to point out the facts.

Any chance you will reverse this or are we going to dispute resolution?

From the same Scandinavian mod who sanctioned me for suggesting a frozen car door lock could be thawed with application of bodily fluids. :pac: Dispute resolution thread deleted, but sanction remained! :pac::pac::pac:

Anyhooo, pick ANY post of mine from that thread that you regard as trolling and I will find an example of another poster posting the same thing without sanction.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'll ask a Cmod to have a look a this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I'll look at this later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

For the record, there are a LOT of posts going missing over there!

Trolling on thread in question http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104190813

There are plenty of posts in this thread which are trolling, needling users, ranting, with poor contribution.

The epitome being this.
    Is it...
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    It's good for you, it's good for me, it's...
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Whisper quiet and silky smooth!
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Cleaner than petrol, cleaner than hybrid, it's
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Shurd if you didn't have diesel you might aswell be dead.
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Diesels will save us all, drive diesel you'll have a ball.
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Passes all the tests, even when it fails,
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Humans need diesels like monkeys need tails, it's
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel user alles!
    #93 and #95 are pure trolling with #100 continuing to act the maggot in direct reaction to being told to stop. The 2 subsequent posts [would have been #105/106] which are deleted were more of same old needling.

And also having an off-topic pop in another thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104201273#post104201273 [post deleted]

And another thread which you recently butchered: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057763313

It's clear that there is far too much argumentative posting as opposed to discussion and it has only got worse. You are only 2 weeks back from a 3 month siteban but clearly no progress has been made.

As for others not getting similarly sanctioned, they simply are nowhere near the problem poster that you are so get more discretion.

Posts have been removed or edited but certainly not missing for mods, cmods or admins.

Then there is the persistent and tedious arguing with mods across the site, but especially in Motors. That was the subject of the previous DRP of yours that I was involved with and also in Feedback iirc. And now you even are having a go in your sig.

Other notes which confirm your poor postings:
    Prev DRP/Prison threads:
    Prison http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057712020
    DRPs (Cafe) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057705618
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057698443

With all that in mind, not only is the ban upheld, I propose, at the least, to permanently ban you from Motors and as there is a note on your previous siteban that the next one is permanent, the Admins will be notified accordingly.

You can request Admin review.

Additionally, I note that you CCed bear1, eeguy, oppenheimer1 in your PM with the mod for no apparent good reason.

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    Additionally, I note that you CCed bear1, eeguy, oppenheimer1 in your PM with the mod for no apparent good reason.
    Is it...
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    It's good for you, it's good for me, it's...
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Whisper quiet and silky smooth!
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Cleaner than petrol, cleaner than hybrid, it's
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Shurd if you didn't have diesel you might aswell be dead.
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Diesels will save us all, drive diesel you'll have a ball.
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Passes all the tests, even when it fails,
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel diesel diesel!
    Humans need diesels like monkeys need tails, it's
    Diesel! Diesel!
    Diesel user alles!

Are you not entertained? ;-) There's a dance to go with it!

Well, I can't fault you for comprehensiveness. You've given me a lot to go on there. I'm not sure any or all of it is "needling". Some of it may seem like slightly bonkers viewpoints but I assure you - Diesel ist clean. I can back up every one of those posts if I am given reasonable opportunity prior to admin review.

I cc'd the guys as they deserved a reason for why I couldn't reply to their quotes/responses on my comments.

Bear1 I thought would be relieved that the whole "Diesel is clean, OH NO IT IDDINT" pantomime is finally put to bed one way or another. Fake news won. Looks like those defending diesel are not welcome in the motors forum.

As I said, I haven't posted anything that others haven't previously posted in defence of diesel. I may have made a bit of a literal song and dance out of it but all of those posts reflect the REAL and HEARTFELT opinions of diesel fans on the motors forum.

And what have you got against Opel Insignias?

Still working on this guys.
    Obviously as I have mentioned before (and been sanctioned for!) the mobile site is just terrible, can't see mod actions can't see post numbers.
    It's gonna be a while.

I really don't see how a snip of a post pages back and a message that only appears in the full site counts as adequate warning. But hey, it's yer site ye can run it into the ground if ye want!

If I do get a lengthy ban, how about this proposal - rather than a perma ban, I would be banned until boards finally cracks the problem of making the site run reasonably OK on chrome for android?
    Effectively it's the same thing but one allows the hope of a glimmer of light at the end of a very long tunnel?

OK, receiving PMs now that are far in excess of any trolling, needling, acting the maggot that I am accused of.

On mobile I have the option of replying or deleting.
    What's boards policy on this? Must I trek to the nearest library with a desktop computing device so that I can access advanced options, or is there simply no other way to deal with these?

Personal abuse. Personal attacks. Vile stuff compared to the posts that I am being sanctioned for.

In any sane version of the world an order of magnitude beyond "defending an opinion without resorting to any aggression or personal attacks".

Yet there is no option to report them or forward them to a responsible adult.

But a poster can be sanctioned for defending diesel without attacking any individual, without being aggressive, without making it personal.

What a discussion site.

"You can be as lengthy and repetitive as you want, and as economical with the truth as you want... as long as your opinions are on the approved list"

"If your views are NOT on the approved list you can be banned for countering the repeated points of those who support the approved view. You will also be personally abused via PM with no option for redress"

If ye can't handle a person having to repeat themselves when 44 posters make the same false assertions then you need to abandon this linear format, or allow mods to group similar (false) arguments together so they can be countered with one correct post. Or "this has been covered already, drop it".

What you have now is that whoever has the most people shouting loudest can just shout down an opposing viewpoint, bury an accurate rebuttal with volumes of disingenuous posts and if one person tries to counter that with a volume of non-abusive posts they will be banned.

What exactly is my crime here? Trolling? Which of these is Trolling?
    Defending diesel?
    Representing motors forum diesel fans?
    Collating their sentiments into one robust defence of diesel?
    Posting too much?
    Being too long winded?
    Holding an unpopular opinion?
    Regarding diesel insignias as a serious drivers car?

Threats now."just stop your fight and the sanctions will cease"
    Bullying."nobody likes you"
    Dragging Israel into it.

Mod alt for sure sending these pms.
    Reflects boards known anti Jewish sentiments.
    What a can of worms I have opened!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

HiSC,

I am going to ignore all your recent posts, as they are not relevant to the process, and go back to tricky D's second last post, where he asked you if you want an Admin review.

Do you want an Admin review of his decision?

tricky D wrote: »
    With all that in mind, not only is the ban upheld, I propose, at the least, to permanently ban you from Motors and as there is a note on your previous siteban that the next one is permanent, the Admins will be notified accordingly.

You can request Admin review.

I don't know who this mod alt that's PMing me is that he thinks she can over rule your decision and "make my bans go away if I play nice with petrol".

Bizarre stuff. Either an admin or a spoofer?

dudara wrote: »
    HiSC,

I am going to ignore all your recent posts, as they are not relevant to the process, and go back to tricky D's second last post, where he asked you if you want an Admin review.

Do you want an Admin review of his decision?

I think it's very relevant.
    Im being banned for robustly and repeatedly defending a point of view. Not some lunatic fringe point of view. A common point of view on the motors forum.

I did this without any personal abuse or aggression. I got no adequate warning.

And you're going to ignore personal attacks, bullying, anti semitic PMs? Rather than telling me how I can deal with them?

I've already answered the admin review question. I can back up all the points I am being banned for if given reasonable time before admin review. It isn't easy in a niche application like Chrome on Android. I've been over this. We've been over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Simple question. Do you want an Admin review? Answer is either Yes or No.

dudara wrote: »
    Simple question. Do you want an Admin review? Answer is either Yes or No.

If you're just going to ignore ANOTHER incidence of veiled anti-semitism in favour of banning somebody for saying "diesel is clean" maybe there's no point?

I leave you with this final blessing from my home land.

"May your car doors never freeze, but should they freeze may you never be banned from Boards.ie by Biko for contemplating wee'ing on them"

Adieu, Adieu, Adieu

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Closed account. Nothing else we can do here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement