Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Emails for Threads

Options
  • 27-07-2017 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've changed my settings in the 
    Default Thread Subscription Mode
    so as to stop an email coming every damn time someone posts in a thread.  Preferably I want no email notifications but I want to remain following.  It doesn't matter which setting I change it to, it always reverts back to 'Instant Email Notification'.

This is despite the 'Changes Saved' green box I get when I save changes.

It reverts back whether I use IE (Windows Laptop), Chrome (Window's Laptop), or Safari (iPhone).

Similarly, in Chrome the Avatar won't change but does in IE or Safari.

What can I do here?  If it can't be changed I can't use the site, I can't be dealing with dozens or more emails per day.

Thanks,

K.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Changing the default settings will only apply to threads you follow in the future.

So, all threads you previously subscribed to will have your old default setting ie email notification.

To fix the settings on previous subscribed threads, go here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Select the threads you want to remove the notifications for (or just select all), then at the bottom of the screen, the drop-down menu give the option to bulk change the subscription settings to your preference, "No email notification" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KayJay86

Hi Hullaballoo
    Thanks for the quick response.
    Unfortunately in the link all I have is a list of threads - there is no checkbox or anything or a button for remove notifications etc.  I've checked the 3 browsers and its the same in all three.
    Also, each time I go back to my settings the Default Thread Subscription Mode has reverted back to Instant Email Notification so, for instance, your reply went through to emails despite me having changed it previously to No Email Notification.
    Thanks,
    K.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Please post just one, not 10 times, as replies are pre-moderated.

Try to view your subscribed threads via this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Sorry Spear I didn't realise that's why the replies weren't sending.
    I know how to see my subscribed threads - that's not the issue - Hullaballoo provided the same link above.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I didn't read his one clearly, but you should have tick boxes to select each thread, and a choice of subscription mode at the bottom.

Are you still on the default skin/theme?

• Advertisement

I haven't changed the skin or theme so I assume so?  

I tried putting a snip in dropbox but when I post the link here I get "There was an error while saving your post. Please try again."

You may be on that responsive site atrocity then. That won't show the options. Do you have a button for "legacy site" on the upper right?

Spear, that's it sorted perfect! Thanks a mill for your help (and Hullaballo).

Much appreciated.

K.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement