Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telecom Éireann / Eircom / Eir. same 'great' service no matter what you call yourself

Options
  • 27-07-2017 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi

I have PM'd Adam all the details you need for my account.

I joined EIR on 19th July, an engineer came out to me on 24th July to set it up. He could not process this as EIR HQ put incorrect address on his forms. He told me these would have to be sent back and HQ and HQ would contact me with new installation date. Nobody contacted me!

I was just on EIR chat trying to solve this and I was redirected to a service chat which isnt open !

You have until 5pm today to come back to me with an installation time and with confirmation that; A: my bill and account start date (for the 14 day cooling off period) will only commence on the date of this installation and B: my address has been double checked before sending engineer out again.

If this is not sorted by 5pm today, I will be cancelling the switch and staying with SKY.

regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

melb2ib wrote: »
    Hi

I joined EIR on 19th July, an engineer came out to me on 24th July to set it up. He could not process this as EIR HQ put incorrect address on his forms. He told me these would have to be sent back and HQ and HQ would contact me with new installation date. Nobody contacted me!

I was just on EIR chat trying to solve this and I was redirected to a service chat which isnt open !

You have until 5pm today to come back to me with an installation time and with confirmation that; A: my bill and account start date (for the 14 day cooling off period) will only commence on the date of this installation and B: my address has been double checked before sending engineer out again.

If this is not sorted by 5pm today, I will be cancelling the switch and staying with SKY.

regards
    I am really sorry to hear of these issues. 

I have received your PM about this. I'll go through my PM's shortly and I'll be back in touch when I have an update for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭melb2ib

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi

regards

I have received your PM about this. I'll go through my PM's shortly and I'll be back in touch when I have an update for you.

- Adam
    "
    Thanks for your PM. I've checked your account for you and it is currently set up for the wrong exchange. I have contacted our wholesale department about this and they are arranging to have this amended. I will let you know as soon as this is done.

Unfortunately, I'll be unable to give you an installation date and time for this. Once the exchange has been amended, you will need to give our cancellations team a ring on 1901 and cancel this order, you would then need to re-order this service. Your 14 day cooling off period won't begin until your services are active.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

- Adam"

Adam

In relation to what you just sent me. Its seem unbelievable that the order cannot be transferred, and that the customer looking to spend their money needs to cancel the order (once EIR have fixed their own error) and then re-order the service.

This is more than a joke at this stage. I demand you to cancel the entire switch process from here for me (you have all my details to prove I am account holder), then have somebody is HQ send me a letter confirming it is cancelled, no money will be taken from my account and my current excellent & efficient service with Sky will not be effected.

Regards

The "will never ever look to join Telecom Éireann / Eircom / Eir again" customer

Hi

regards

- Adam
    "
    Thanks for your PM. I've checked your account for you and it is currently set up for the wrong exchange. I have contacted our wholesale department about this and they are arranging to have this amended. I will let you know as soon as this is done.

Unfortunately, I'll be unable to give you an installation date and time for this. Once the exchange has been amended, you will need to give our cancellations team a ring on 1901 and cancel this order, you would then need to re-order this service. Your 14 day cooling off period won't begin until your services are active.

- Adam"

Adam

In relation to what you just sent me. Its seem unbelievable that the order cannot be transferred, and that the customer looking to spend their money needs to cancel the order (once EIR have fixed their own error) and then re-order the service.

This is more than a joke at this stage. I demand you to cancel the entire switch process from here for me (you have all my details to prove I am account holder), then have somebody is HQ send me a letter confirming it is cancelled, no money will be taken from my account and my current excellent & efficient service with Sky will not be effected.

Regards

The "will never ever look to join Telecom Éireann / Eircom / Eir again" customer
    I completely understand your frustration here and I do apologise that I can not give you better news.

I'm afraid I'd be unable to cancel your order from here, you would need to give our cancellations team a ring on 1901 to arrange this. If you cancel your account before it goes active, you willl not be charged for any services.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭melb2ib

Hi

regards

- Adam
    "

- Adam"

Adam

Regards

I completely understand your frustration here and I do apologise that I can not give you better news.

I'm afraid I'd be unable to cancel your order from here, you would need to give our cancellations team a ring on 1901 to arrange this. If you cancel your account before it goes active, you willl not be charged for any services.

- Adam
    Adam

Thanks for making it clear to me, its a system you have to deal also unfortunately !!

Got through to cancellations, should be all closed up within 24.

Really hope no money comes out of my bank account, if this happens you will hear about!

thanks

Hi

regards

- Adam
    "

- Adam"

Adam

Regards

- Adam
    Adam

Thanks for making it clear to me, its a system you have to deal also unfortunately !!

Got through to cancellations, should be all closed up within 24.

Really hope no money comes out of my bank account, if this happens you will hear about!

thanks
    Sorry to hear you've cancelled your order over this issue.

I can assure you that no charges will be applied to your account.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement