If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended speakers and receiver under €1000

Options
  • 27-07-2017 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi. 

I am looking to buy my new home cinema system(5.1 min) and I need your advise regarding speakers would you recommend for Denon AVR-X2300W ( unless you have better remomedation). My budget is up to €1000(including receiver). Can you aslo advise me about best cables that would match the rest. The room I am going to install the set is approx 4x5m.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

miromie wrote: »
    Hi. 

I am looking to buy my new home cinema system(5.1 min) and I need your advise regarding speakers would you recommend for Denon AVR-X2300W ( unless you have better remomedation). My budget is up to €1000(including receiver). Can you aslo advise me about best cables that would match the rest. The room I am going to install the set is approx 4x5m.

Thank you in advance.
    Hi Miromie,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. If you are looking for a good set up around that price I would recommend the Denon AVRX2300 paired with the Monitor Audio Mass pack. This package is currently in a bundle deal for a total of £819 sterling. These are probably the best satellite system speakers I have heard, especially for the room size and they pack a punch for such a small speaker. For cabling I would recommend the Cambridge Ultra Micro cable. It is a very thin cable and can be hidden well but doesn't lack detail. How many meters of cable would you need and I can work out a price for you.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 15 miromie

Hi. 

Thank you in advance.
    Hi Miromie,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. If you are looking for a good set up around that price I would recommend the Denon AVRX2300 paired with the Monitor Audio Mass pack. This package is currently in a bundle deal for a total of £819 sterling. These are probably the best satellite system speakers I have heard, especially for the room size and they pack a punch for such a small speaker. For cabling I would recommend the Cambridge Ultra Micro cable. It is a very thin cable and can be hidden well but doesn't lack detail. How many meters of cable would you need and I can work out a price for you.

Kind regards

David
    Thank you for your reply,
    I will need to measure the exact cable length that need and I will come back to you. Can you recommend any 7.1 setup or Atmos  ?

Miro

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi. 

Thank you in advance.
    Hi Miromie,

Kind regards

David
    Thank you for your reply,
    I will need to measure the exact cable length that need and I will come back to you. Can you recommend any 7.1 setup or Atmos  ?

Miro
    Hi Miro,

No problem, let me know what length you need. There are two ways you can go for an Atmos or 7.1 system. the first way is to go for a set of dedicated Atmos speakers like the Onkyo SKH410 at £129. Another way is to get two extra Mass single speakers for a full 7.1 system and allowing for Atmos when you need it.

Finally if you are looking for a 7.1 system I would recommend the above package with a set of Monitor Audio bookshelf speakers as your fronts. This will significantly beef up your stereo setup for music and give you a bigger sound for films.

Kind regards

David

Hi David, 

Once again thank you for your advice. I have measure the length of the cable and I would need approx 30m all together. I had to readjust my budget and decided to go for AVRX2300 & Tannoy HTS101XP speaker and just noticed than are no longer available for sale online - can you confirm that ? If youy still have them how can I place the order ?

Kind regards, 
    Miro

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi David, 

Once again thank you for your advice. I have measure the length of the cable and I would need approx 30m all together. I had to readjust my budget and decided to go for AVRX2300 & Tannoy HTS101XP speaker and just noticed than are no longer available for sale online - can you confirm that ? If youy still have them how can I place the order ?

Kind regards, 
    Miro
    Hi Miromie.

Yeah seems it has now went in store only collection.

However I can bend the rules on this one and ship it if you want to go for this system.

Delivery would cost £6.99

You might also require speaker cable and a sublink cable as none are included with the HTS101 pack.

Speaker cable starts at £1.19 per meter and a standard sublink 7.5m priced at £19.95

Let me know what you think

• Advertisement

Hi David, 

Thank you so much for that - I am ok with sub link but I would need 30m of speaker cable that would match the speakers. Can you give me total price and let me know how I can place the order ?

Kind regards, 

Miro

Hi David, 

Thank you so much for that - I am ok with sub link but I would need 30m of speaker cable that would match the speakers. Can you give me total price and let me know how I can place the order ?

Kind regards, 

Miro

Hi David, 

Kind regards, 

Miro
    Hi Miro.

Total including 30m of speaker cable would be £681.69.

If you drop me your contact number I can give you a call for details.

Hi David, 

I have sent you PM with my phone number - please let me know if you have it

Kind regards, 
    Miro

Hi David, 

I have sent you PM with my phone number - please let me know if you have it

Kind regards, 
    Miro
    Hi Miromie.

David is off on his Holidays this week.

It is myself Kenny who has been replying to you today.

If you can resend the PM to myself I can get you looked after.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny - sorry for my mistake. 
    I have sent you contact details.

Kind regards, 

Miro

Hi Kenny - sorry for my mistake. 
    I have sent you contact details.

Kind regards, 

Miro
    No problem at all Miro.

I will drop you a call ASAP :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.