Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recyclable Coffee Cups in Ireland

• 27-07-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Where can you buy recyclable coffee cups in Ireland. Tried online, very expensive and large shipping costs.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Are these for your personal use or for a shop?

I use a Keep Cup myself.

If for a business you could look at vegware.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnthonyCny

Are these for your personal use or for a shop?

I use a Keep Cup myself.

If for a business you could look at vegware.ie.

It's for a business. Vegware prices basically double what I'm paying for non-recyclable cups. It can't be twice as expensive.

Seems to be no where to buy them in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Cash and Carry do them.
    Some Pound shops do them as well.

Ya, I know there pricy alright. There compostable as opposed to recyclable so can go in general waste.

Ya, I know there pricy alright. There compostable as opposed to recyclable so can go in general waste.

I was going to say compostable rather than recyclable.

Think I'll get the compostable cups even if they are twice the price. Can't stand the waste of normal takeaway cups. Used for 5 mins and then binned. Madness they can't be recycled.

• Advertisement

Lot's of cafe's in Dublin are using them. AFAIK they don't sell through wholesalers, only direct. I've met with their Dublin rep (name escapes me) a few time, very nice guy and won't try to hard sell you. They'll also do branded cups for you if you wish.

Lot's of cafe's in Dublin are using them. AFAIK they don't sell through wholesalers, only direct. I've met with their Dublin rep (name escapes me) a few time, very nice guy and won't try to hard sell you. They'll also do branded cups for you if you wish.

Is that vegware?

Yes

Yes

Got some compostable cups off them. Feel better already.

No real difference with the actual cup only it's compostable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

AnthonyCny wrote: »
    Where can you buy recyclable coffee cups in Ireland. Tried online, very expensive and large shipping costs.

Thanks

Have you tried Zero Waste Ireland on Facebook? You might get your answer there.

• Advertisement

Also would you consider letting customers bring their own reusable cup and offering a discount or a free coffee after, say, ten uses? A lot of people feel like you do about the waste. You could attract more business this way. Maybe sell reusable cups yourself too.

happyday wrote: »
    Also would you consider letting customers bring their own reusable cup and offering a discount or a free coffee after, say, ten uses? A lot of people feel like you do about the waste. You could attract more business this way. Maybe sell reusable cups yourself too.

We're only open a month, just getting properly set up now. We've to come up with different ideas about pricing and reusable cups etc. Our customers are basically 90% tourists who wouldn't have cups with them. So compostable cups are a start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

As a social experiment have the option of the compostible cup at say a 5c premium. See who's willing to pay a little extra.

AnthonyCny wrote: »
    We're only open a month, just getting properly set up now. We've to come up with different ideas about pricing and reusable cups etc. Our customers are basically 90% tourists who wouldn't have cups with them. So compostable cups are a start!

Best of luck with it. It's great that you are thinking along these lines. I'd certainly support you if I could.

jwwb wrote: »
    As a social experiment have the option of the compostible cup at say a 5c premium. See who's willing to pay a little extra.

That's a great idea. Might try it out .

Advertisement