Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection for new house

Options
  • 27-07-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hi, could someone guide me to a website or number to get in touch with eir about a new domestic connection to a new house

connection is possibly going to need a pole etc as the line stops short of my house.

i am based in rural east donegal

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

4odh4n wrote: »
    hi, could someone guide me to a website or number to get in touch with eir about a new domestic connection to a new house

connection is possibly going to need a pole etc as the line stops short of my house.

thanks
    Hi 4odh4n,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

If you give our sales team a ring on 1800503303 they should be able to go through everything with you that you need to know about placing a new order

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭4odh4n

eir: Adam wrote: »

thanks
    Hi 4odh4n,

If you give our sales team a ring on 1800503303 they should be able to go through everything with you that you need to know about placing a new order

- Adam
    hi adam,

I rang the number you gave above, they kept trying to sell me broadband, I explained i needed an actual phone line first, and for this i would also need poles installed.  they gave me the number of wholesales on 1800656656, I rang them, they told me i should not have been given that number, they told me to ring 1901, i rang 1901 but couldn't get past the first menu because it wanted my phone number....  i used my parents phone number and finally go through to a person, they said they would connect me to their technical department, which i was doubtful was going to be able to help.  i was on hold for 20mins and the line went dead.

is there a local office or something i can ring here in donegal??, i need someone to come out and agree pole locations so i can lay a duct from my house to the new pole, or even close to where the new pole will be.

i notice k&n do alot of eir line work, should i get in touch with them?, i would have thought it would have to come through eir tho??

help??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

thanks
    Hi 4odh4n,

- Adam
    hi adam,

I rang the number you gave above, they kept trying to sell me broadband, I explained i needed an actual phone line first, and for this i would also need poles installed.  they gave me the number of wholesales on 1800656656, I rang them, they told me i should not have been given that number, they told me to ring 1901, i rang 1901 but couldn't get past the first menu because it wanted my phone number....  i used my parents phone number and finally go through to a person, they said they would connect me to their technical department, which i was doubtful was going to be able to help.  i was on hold for 20mins and the line went dead.

is there a local office or something i can ring here in donegal??, i need someone to come out and agree pole locations so i can lay a duct from my house to the new pole, or even close to where the new pole will be.

i notice k&n do alot of eir line work, should i get in touch with them?, i would have thought it would have to come through eir tho??

help??!
    Our wholesale department is only for customers who already have an order placed for a landline and are awaiting further work to be carried out. However, they are not customer facing so they wouldn't be able to assist you. They only deal with service providers.

I'm afraid you would need to give the sales number another ring. I am very sorry about that. If you do not wish to do this, you can also place an order in an eir store. 

KN do our installations for us, however, they would only go out to your home after you have placed an order with us.

- Adam

Advertisement