Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow for back seat modding

Options
  • 27-07-2017 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    In my opinion, a poster was commenting on my posting intent rather than what I quoted and posted. I responded asking he/she comment on the thread/conversation topic instead. I asked his/her opinion on topic.
    I received a yellow for back seat modding.
    I didn't believe his/her post required flagging and by way of discussion I asked him/her to revert to topic rather than myself or his/her idea of my intent.

Here is a link to my post which received the yellow.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104205053&postcount=118

I do not see where I back seat modded.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Evening For Reals,

have you attempted to discuss this with the moderators in question? If you have, then I'll request a CMod to look into this further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

He's happy to let it stand.
    I would appreciate someone looking into it.
    In my opinion, I merely asked the poster to refrain commenting on my perceived intent and asked what they thought about housing, which was the topic. At no point did I issue a command, warn or even cite charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

No worries - a CMod will be along shortly to look into this.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm really sorry for the delay For Reals, I'll look into this right away and hopefully have an answer for you as soon as possible.

If you have PM exchanges relevant to this issue, could you forward them to me?

Thanks, no problem. Sent.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I’ll be upholding the card I’m afraid, For Reals.

Here's the preceding exchange up to the post your warning was issued on:
    You: And there's your problem, (with a hint to your real agenda). I don't care about Leo or Fine Gael. It's about whats happening, (or not). The fact the current no marks are Fine Gael, is merely a moniker. I couldn't care less.
    Other Poster: If you are implying that I am a FG voter I am not. My vote is generally a Labour leaning one. I don't think I have ever voted FG No 1 in any election, ever. That is well over 30 years of voting

The big issue with what is happening with homelessness is that the councils are doing nothing. Yes the government has not yet done enough but they are trying. Many people working on the ground with the homeless have acknowledged that.

The councillors however are doing nothing. In fact they are doing less than nothing when they initiate tax cuts to the wealthiest in this country while seeing cuts to services for the poorest in Society and in particular the homeless.

Denis O'Brien alone, who seems to be the main hate figure for SF/PBP supporters , was given a €22,000 tax cut a year by SF and PBP.
    You: I've no interest.
    If you've an opinion or comment on housing, the government policies and suggested may, perhaps, happen under the current lad, please feel free to chime in.
    If you feel we need less social or affordable housing, let me know, its all great craic.
    Your reply warrants the warning based on the following points:
    The poster addressed your accusation in the first paragraph of his post and then returned to the topic in the subsequent 3 paragraphs.

You then continued off topic with his/her supposed agenda then directed them back on topic but they already were. You however were not, and that post was intended to continue to derail away from the topic further.

You stated via pm to the mod that you decided not to report or flag the post but to ask them to revert to topic instead. That’s backseat modding in a nutshell.

You can't hint at other’s agendas or intent in your posts (and in this case you did it prior to the warned post – ie, you brought it up, not the other poster) and then dislike it when it’s done back to you and request that poster to go back on topic when it was you that initially dragged it off on that tangent in the first place.

Mods have asked you to adjust your posting style in a friendly pm, but you've not taken their request on board and continued on the way they asked you not to. So following on from that I can see why the warning was issued and will be upholding it.

That poster and others posted comments on their idea of my intent rather than the comments themselves.
    I should have not responded and flagged. I will do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement