Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re Aritech alarms and window sensors

Options
  • 27-07-2017 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all.

I have an old Aritech alarm (CS450) that is being triggered by bird strikes on a large window...

I suspect all window sensors are on the one loop, but when the window is triggered, it does display on the panel.

Does any of the gurus know how either decrease the sensitivity on the window, or remove it from the panel (I have the engineers code)? - just complicate the issue further, there are two sensors on this window.

Also where can you get replacement batteries for these alarms?

Thx

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

HI you can adjust the sensitivity in Engineer>Zone>Shock Zones & adjust Gross & Pule upwards. 1 most sensitive 9 least sensitive & 0 off.
    Remember these changes will be across the entire zone. Are you sure its not just a faulty sensor on that zone. To check the entire zone....

Disconnect the zone from the panel & remove any end of line resistors,
    Set your multi meter to continuity and connect the pair to the 2 meter leads.
    on a length of cable long enough to reach all your windows on zone 3.
    Make a note of the reading in ohms. One by one tap every sensor & open and close every contact. After a tap or an open close the resistance should return to the around the same value. If it does not disconnect that device , close of the pair wired into it & move on. Replace any that you had to close off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jasper74

@KoolKid

Thanks for the details. I targeted the window that is giving the issue and set it to zero. The good bang and it didn't trigger the alarm. Even better is that it appears that when the engineer did install the alarm, he left this window independent of the others. If I strike these the alarm is activated.

Its either a faulty sensor or the gross and pulse are set too low (both were at 6 which I was thinking should be OK)! I have been in the room when a bird does strike it is quite hard - so maybe upping them a little will sort it.

Will run a multi-meter on them in the next day or so.

Thanks for the input and help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If gross & pulse is set to 0 it will never activate. Is there a contact on this window also?
    6-6 is slightly above average of 4-4 /5-5

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jasper74

I popped the zero in to take the window out so I could quickly check the others. It seems the shock sensors are separated into two, this bay window that is giving the issue and all other windows in the house.

On this bay window, there are two shock sensors. When set to 6 it is triggered by an average hit with the palm of the had. The bird strikes I witnessed on it would be similar (possibly slightly more). Going to multimeter tomorrow and check. Thinking I might need to set it less sensitive, given its size, and the vibrations after a strike

Advertisement