Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 12g Pouches?

Options
  • 27-07-2017 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

My local shop has told me that there are no more small pouches of tobacco, does anyone know the story on that?

I don't tend to smoke straight tobacco, so I like the smaller pouches as I don't have much left over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

kylith wrote: »
    My local shop has told me that there are no more small pouches of tobacco, does anyone know the story on that?

I don't tend to smoke straight tobacco, so I like the smaller pouches as I don't have much left over.

30g pouches are the only ones being sold I think... 15-16 Euro

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

It's an EU wide directive. No pouches smaller than 30g.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's fecking irritating. 'No, you're not allowed to buy less tobacco', it's like being forced to smoke more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

Nah its to discourage people taking up the habit and encourage people to stop by making it more difficult/expensive.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That's what happened when they got rid of 10 boxes, people ended up buying the bigger box and smoked more.

The 30g boxes are too big to sell in alot of the machines too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Bought a pouch of Amber for the first time in ages. Asked for the smallest and was gobsmacked at handing over €16.50 for 30g.

This will probably last me a month. Will it keep OK for that length of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

Put it in the fridge with a small slice of Apple inside the pouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Cordell wrote: »
    Put it in the fridge with a small slice of Apple inside the pouch.

Dunno if you're pulling my leg :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm not. The slice is for moisture and the fridge is for keeping it fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

oneilla wrote: »
    Bought a pouch of Amber for the first time in ages. Asked for the smallest and was gobsmacked at handing over €16.50 for 30g.

This will probably last me a month. Will it keep OK for that length of time?

Or buy a terracotta stone

• Advertisement
Advertisement