Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Finglas - is it a safe area around Cardiffsbridge Rd?

Options
  • 27-07-2017 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm planning to rent a room in the area around Dunnes on Cardiffsbridge Rd in Finglas. I've always been told to steer away from Finglas but having lived in Dublin for almost two years now, I know there's no such thing as a perfectly safe or unsafe area. Still, I'd really like to get feedback from someone familiar with the area before I make the final decision.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kmfrob

If you're going to live on the west side of Finglas then I guess the closer you are to the village the better. I don't have any first hand experience living near Cardiffsbridge myself (we live in East Finglas and it's great), but the Cardiff Arms doesn't really seem like the sort of pub you'd want to go in unless you knew people in there. That said I could just be talking out my arse and it could be a fine establishment.

But yeah, look I'd say you're probably fine as long as you don't stray too far from the village.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have lived in this area for 13 years.

never had a moment in that time to feel unsafe. only thing missing a decent pub. the diff is a bit :pac::eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 L.Riley

kmfrob wrote: »
    If you're going to live on the west side of Finglas then I guess the closer you are to the village the better. I don't have any first hand experience living near Cardiffsbridge myself (we live in East Finglas and it's great), but the Cardiff Arms doesn't really seem like the sort of pub you'd want to go in unless you knew people in there. That said I could just be talking out my arse and it could be a fine establishment.

But yeah, look I'd say you're probably fine as long as you don't stray too far from the village.

Wasn't planning to visit the aforementioned establishment but I keep that in mind, thanks :D
    John Mason wrote: »
    i have lived in this area for 13 years.

never had a moment in that time to feel unsafe. only thing missing a decent pub. the diff is a bit :pac::eek::cool:

Good to know.

Well, the absence of decent pubs doesn't really bother me. I'm that rare animal that doesn't drink alcohol :cool:
    As a relatively young female I'm more concerned about returning home from work when it's dark outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Would you have to walk across that green when you get off the 40? That's the only really "unsafe" thing about the night time.

If you are living on the Cardiffsbridge Road then you'll be fine, but depending on where exactly you'd be going onwards from there once off the bus we can advise a bit better.

Be advised that sometimes in the summer when the local kids get bored of an evening and start throwing stones at the bus the 40 gets diverted away from the area and just goes to the Village instead of turning into the West, so you'd be walking up from there - I've not been a bus user for a few years now though, so don't know how often it's happened in the last few years.

Advertisement