Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45

Options
  • 27-07-2017 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I'm confused! I'm leaving my job and my employer says I do not need a p45 as I started in March and I'm not exactly sure what this means!

Previously I was on a job bridge scheme prior to being employed by my employer. I always thought no matter what you got a P45 no matter what time of the year it was! Can anyone enlighten me.

He also said I have not paid tax yet(although I've payslips to the contrary) and it would all be paid at end of year. I had learned I wasn't paying tax the month previous anyway and questioned him this week and he gave the excuse that it would be paid by end of year. Sorry I'm really unsure to be fair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I'm confused! I'm leaving my job and my employer says I do not need a p45 as I started in March and I'm not exactly sure what this means!

Previously I was on a job bridge scheme prior to being employed by my employer. I always thought no matter what you got a P45 no matter what time of the year it was! Can anyone enlighten me.

He also said I have not paid tax yet(although I've payslips to the contrary) and it would all be paid at end of year. I had learned I wasn't paying tax the month previous anyway and questioned him this week and he gave the excuse that it would be paid by end of year. Sorry I'm really unsure to be fair.

You are entitled by law to a P45. If you cannot get a P45 from your employer reauest Revenue to issue a P43 on your behalf.

Are yiu registered on Revenue records with the employer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

You are entitled to a P45.

The only time a P45 would not be appropriate is if you worked to the end of the year and got your P60, but didn't work after that time because you left on 31/12/20xx or didn't earn pay after that i.e. were sick etc.

Advertisement