Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for a shorter period than a year.

Options
  • 27-07-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Almost 3 years ago i was rear ended and the other party involved contested due to oil being on the road from a previous accident. Thankfully now they have agreed to claim responsibility and pay all expenses owed. At the time i had to use my insurance to claim for a new car so i have had that on my policy since. I have been told that it could take a few weeks for the payment to work its way to my insurance company but my insurance is up for renewal next week. My broker has said that the minimum length of time for a policy is one year, is that correct? I hoped to insure my car for a month or 2 until my policy is clear and my no claims bonus is back so i could shop around for some quotes. Any idea if this is the case? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I might be wrong here, that's what I came across.

If your policy gets cleaned, you should be able to get the difference between the premium you have paid and the premium you would have paid if it was cleaned at inception/renewal.

The above applies not only to current policies, but all the policies that were affected by the claim that was eventually cleared.

Advertisement