Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones for Running

• 28-07-2017 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a set of earphones for running, definitely wireless. What I find with most recommended ones is that theyre the type that never stay in my ears. Then again, the earphones of that type I have bought before have been cheap ones so might have something to do with it.

I love the design of the Powerbeats, but I know im just paying for the name so if theres any other recommendations, thatd be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Looking to get a set of earphones for running, definitely wireless. What I find with most recommended ones is that theyre the type that never stay in my ears. Then again, the earphones of that type I have bought before have been cheap ones so might have something to do with it.

I love the design of the Powerbeats, but I know im just paying for the name so if theres any other recommendations, thatd be great!

I used wired isport victory headphones..they fit brilliantly as the ear piece swivels for a better fit.
    They do a bluetooth version..

On a side note,Tk Maxx usually have a good choice of earphones I bought a pair of sporty ear phones for general use but not as comfortable as the isport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Job Gnocchi

Tao tronics have a good range of wireless headphones.( available on amazon) I picked up a set over a year ago and have had no issues with them. Full charge should give about 8 hours running time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ronancremin

I like Tao tronics too but the ones that I have have the flatish cord that's designed not to tangle (which works) but is stiff enough that it generate noise as you move. Can be very annoying.

My favourite so far after trying about 6 different ones are the QCY QY12. They're about €20, waterproof, don't fall out, really light and sound fine. You can get them on Aliexpress or Amazon. I wear these in preference to Jaybirds, Airpods etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

These are the one's I use. They are excellent for gym/running. The rubber wings ensure they don't budge or fall out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017I9CBPC/ref=psdc_4085751_t1_B0749GJWQK

I've noticed they have produced a newer model since I bought mine last year. Battery life seems to be better too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Headphones-TaoTronics-Sweatproof-Cancelling-Black/dp/B0749GJWQK/ref=sr_1_2?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1508191179&sr=8-2&keywords=TaoTronics

• Advertisement

Ah, the newer model drops the flat cable, good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Looks flat to me. I don't experience any problem with the flat cable but it's possible I just didn't notice :)

Anyway I see it has a iOS battery indicator thingy. Very useful as I'v been caught out with low power once or twice. I wonder if there is any way to get it to work on android.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

My biggest problem with running with generic earbuds is that the sound of the wind drowns out the sound of the music. Even on relatively calm days. Are these headphones good for countering that?

Yes these block out a lot of noise, including wind noise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Do the headphones that have been recommended so far cause you to hear your own footsteps when you're running? I find some headphones block outside noise but the trade off being you hear the pounding of your feet as you run. I tend to avoid headphones like that.

• Advertisement

In my experience cable noise is the single most annoying thing with headphones as a runner. Stiff cables mean any movement generates noise in the cable that sounds loud in your ear. So yes, with some headphones you hear noises as you run.

The QCY QY12 has a flexible cable that doesn't have this problem. The Taotronics ones do in my experience, but I think that the latest model looks to have a more flexible cable that might solve this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Anker NB10 are great
    Fit and sound are top notch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

smilerf wrote: »
    Anker NB10 are great
    Fit and sound are top notch

Was looking at these for cycling, how high is the strap,would the back strap interfere with my crash helmet?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Was looking at these for cycling, how high is the strap,would the back strap interfere with my crash helmet?
    it's fairly snug to my neck so I don't think it would

Advertisement