Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongoing issues with Eir since signing up in March

Options
  • 28-07-2017 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am at my wits end trying to sort the following issues out, I apologise in advance for the lengthy post as I'm simply going to paste in the last email I sent the sales agent who was promising to sort things out before he became unreachable.
    Since I sent the following email on July 18th I have spoken to Eir support twice and been promised a call back twice, I was never called back, thus proving my concerns in the first line of the mail below.
    Through all this I have continued to pay our old mobile and broadband providers as there were issues with Eir from the very start and I did not and do not trust them to provide a reliable service for these essential services. We also have not been able to start using the new phones we were sent.

Please see the email below for more information.
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice that anyone can give.

Hi Paul,

I don't want to keep bugging you as someone else is supposed to be sorting this out now but you are the only contact I have outside the standard customer support line which I assume wouldn't have a clue what's going on.

can you chase up the person or service that is supposed to contact me please or give me the relevant contact details, or forward this email to them. I have heard nothing, our phone has been cut off again since last week and my old mobile is not charging and is down to 5%. At this stage we are not just paying for a service we haven't been using but we are also losing business because Eir can't sort out their own administrative and billing mistakes.

In case you do forward this mail here are some of the issues we have been having since April.

1. 3 accounts created instead of 2 (2 are on direct debit and are being paid)

2. Phones sent to wrong address which is an unmanned facility.

3. Bills sent to same wrong address. (We were only made aware of these bills because the local post office were kind enough to ring us and say there was a bill in the post)

4. One of the phones damaged on arrival. (we were promised credit for the inconvenience)

5. Incorrect charges on bills.

6. Phone line cut off twice due to billing issue which is not our fault since direct debits are  running on two accounts and the one that is not being paid shouldn't exist outside that.

7. Personal names and company names spelled wrong on bills.

What I have done.
    1. Refuse to port over our mobiles till everything is sorted out and I know that they will work reliably. For this reason I expect a full refund of all mobile charges to date. This means we have been struggling on with old phones that are no longer working right. (Our phone line being cut off through no fault of our own shows I am right to do this)

2. Refuse to port over our broadband for the same reason so I expect a full refund of all broadband charges to date. (Our phone line being cut off through no fault of our own shows I am right to do this)
    3. I have continued to pay the direct debits as agreed despite all the issues, and am therefore extremely annoyed and insulted at receiving payment reminders and threats leading to our phone line being cut off twice so I expect an apology and a guarantee that this will be sorted out and will not happen again.

If you got this far, thanks for reading everything :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Fluppen wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am at my wits end trying to sort the following issues out, I apologise in advance for the lengthy post as I'm simply going to paste in the last email I sent the sales agent who was promising to sort things out before he became unreachable.
    Since I sent the following email on July 18th I have spoken to Eir support twice and been promised a call back twice, I was never called back, thus proving my concerns in the first line of the mail below.
    Through all this I have continued to pay our old mobile and broadband providers as there were issues with Eir from the very start and I did not and do not trust them to provide a reliable service for these essential services. We also have not been able to start using the new phones we were sent.

Hi Paul,

I don't want to keep bugging you as someone else is supposed to be sorting this out now but you are the only contact I have outside the standard customer support line which I assume wouldn't have a clue what's going on.

can you chase up the person or service that is supposed to contact me please or give me the relevant contact details, or forward this email to them. I have heard nothing, our phone has been cut off again since last week and my old mobile is not charging and is down to 5%. At this stage we are not just paying for a service we haven't been using but we are also losing business because Eir can't sort out their own administrative and billing mistakes.

In case you do forward this mail here are some of the issues we have been having since April.

3. Bills sent to same wrong address. (We were only made aware of these bills because the local post office were kind enough to ring us and say there was a bill in the post)

4. One of the phones damaged on arrival. (we were promised credit for the inconvenience)

6. Phone line cut off twice due to billing issue which is not our fault since direct debits are  running on two accounts and the one that is not being paid shouldn't exist outside that.

What I have done.
    1. Refuse to port over our mobiles till everything is sorted out and I know that they will work reliably. For this reason I expect a full refund of all mobile charges to date. This means we have been struggling on with old phones that are no longer working right. (Our phone line being cut off through no fault of our own shows I am right to do this)

2. Refuse to port over our broadband for the same reason so I expect a full refund of all broadband charges to date. (Our phone line being cut off through no fault of our own shows I am right to do this)
    3. I have continued to pay the direct debits as agreed despite all the issues, and am therefore extremely annoyed and insulted at receiving payment reminders and threats leading to our phone line being cut off twice so I expect an apology and a guarantee that this will be sorted out and will not happen again.

Hi Fluppen,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear that you have experienced these issues since signing up with us. Can you send me the 3 account numbers associated with these orders and your full name in a PM so I can look into this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Fluppen

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Paul,

What I have done.

Hi Fluppen,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear that you have experienced these issues since signing up with us. Can you send me the 3 account numbers associated with these orders and your full name in a PM so I can look into this for you please?

- Adam
    Thanks Adam,

I have sent you a PM. I Think this will be an easier way to get things sorted than what I have tried before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Paul,

What I have done.

Hi Fluppen,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam,

I have sent you a PM. I Think this will be an easier way to get things sorted than what I have tried before.
    Thanks for that, I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

Advertisement