Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claregalway 10k Aug 26th

Options
  • 28-07-2017 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi, just signed up for this and wondering are there many here going it and does anyone know what the route is like..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

kookie ran it a few times route is fairly flat usual loads of tea nad buns afterwards. Might make a trip to it myself depending on work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

ger664 wrote: »
    kookie ran it a few times route is fairly flat usual loads of tea nad buns afterwards. Might make a trip to it myself depending on work

Is it 2 laps of the 5k course, I've done the 5k a couple of times but never the 10k?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Cheers Ger, Saturday evening races are always good to me. Hoping for a pb on this one.

Did I read a few months back you were taking a break from running for a while, hope your back feeling fresh again....

Is it 2 laps of the 5k course, I've done the 5k a couple of times but never the 10k?

TbL

The course profile is one loop TBL, heads back towards Oranmore, takes two lefts on the back Rds back onto Tuam rd and finishes with a left at the church.

Could be windy stretch from Brennan's to claregalway...

TbL

Its a single loop last time I ran it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Claregalway 2015
    Pretty sure it's the same route....

From what I remember it's fairly flat alright but as Kookie said, possibility of a breeze from Brennans to Claregalway....

Good course from memory....

kookiebrew wrote: »

Did I read a few months back you were taking a break from running for a while, hope your back feeling fresh again....

Took Jan out. Had planned to take feb as well but herself indoors got sick of me been @ home every evening.

Took Jan out. Had planned to take feb as well but herself indoors got sick of me been @ home every evening.

Just can't win haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Ooo think I might make this the 1st post baby race!

Congrats on the new arrival... Conditions are lookin OK Saturday

• Advertisement

Finished this 30secs off my pb... Conditions seemed perfect at the start but by God did it get too warm during the race. Hit 5k bang on pace at 20:02 but by the time I hit 7k I was drained. Was a slog to the finish. Was chatting to a few after the race and everyone said the same how warm it got. Guy who was in second place collapsed about 150m from the finish line (hope he is ok today) and I passed two guys walking in the last 2k. Someone said there was a few top finishers crossing with wobbly legs.

Was a lovely course with a few small drags nothing major strava says 106ft. Will definitely do this again, very well organised with a great spread afterwards. Official time was 41:48. Well done to everyone who ran it.

Advertisement