Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Estate?

Options
  • 28-07-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hello, I ordered a phoneline a few weeks ago and the installation was supposed to be this morning, the engineer from KN rang me to say the Estate is not yet wired for phonelines. Pepole are 8 months now living in the estate with no sign of eir to complete the works. The ducting has been dug and put across the main road by the builders, but there is no sign of Eir to install the final wiring or the fibre.

Who can I call to get a phone line? It is my understanding that comreg require Eir to install a phone line within a short amount of time as referred to here. https://www.comreg.ie/consumer-services/home-phone/fixed-telephone-line-installations/

I think 8 months is more than enough time for a phoneline to go in, we are a new Estate in the middle of Loughrea, there is fibre to the cab everywhere around us,so this is not an issue.

I have an order number if that helps any. 

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hello, I ordered a phoneline a few weeks ago and the installation was supposed to be this morning, the engineer from KN rang me to say the Estate is not yet wired for phonelines. Pepole are 8 months now living in the estate with no sign of eir to complete the works. The ducting has been dug and put across the main road by the builders, but there is no sign of Eir to install the final wiring or the fibre.

Who can I call to get a phone line? It is my understanding that comreg require Eir to install a phone line within a short amount of time as referred to here. https://www.comreg.ie/consumer-services/home-phone/fixed-telephone-line-installations/

I think 8 months is more than enough time for a phoneline to go in, we are a new Estate in the middle of Loughrea, there is fibre to the cab everywhere around us,so this is not an issue.

Hi keno-daytrader,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced while trying to get your phone line installed. Can you PM me your account number and full name, please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Who can I call to get a phone line? It is my understanding that comreg require Eir to install a phone line within a short amount of time as referred to here. 
    Careful now, they dont have to give you a hard line at all any more. Push too hard and you'll get a GSM phone that doesnt provide any broadband. 

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi keno-daytrader,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced while trying to get your phone line installed. Can you PM me your account number and full name, please?

- Adam
    Hi Adam, any update yet? Thanks 

Hi keno-daytrader,

- Adam
    Hi,
    I sincerely apologise for the delay here. I've just been speaking with our Wholesale department about this and, unfortunately, there is still no update. We may be waiting slightly l9onger than originally expected for a forecast date but I will continue to chase this up for you and I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hi keno-daytrader,

- Adam
    Hi,
    I sincerely apologise for the delay here. I've just been speaking with our Wholesale department about this and, unfortunately, there is still no update. We may be waiting slightly l9onger than originally expected for a forecast date but I will continue to chase this up for you and I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.

- Adam
    Hi Adam, what happens to my order now? I get the feeling that Im going to be charged for the new line, as I was on to webchat today and they said the account is still pending active, they suggested I contact sales which I did, they suggested I contact open eir which I did. I keep getting bounced around with no answers, can you help please?

• Advertisement

Hi keno-daytrader,

- Adam
    Hi,

- Adam
    Hi Adam, what happens to my order now? I get the feeling that Im going to be charged for the new line, as I was on to webchat today and they said the account is still pending active, they suggested I contact sales which I did, they suggested I contact open eir which I did. I keep getting bounced around with no answers, can you help please?
    Hi,

I can assure you that you won't be charged for this service until everything is installed. Pending-active means that your account is not yet active so no charges will be applied to it. There's no need to contact our Sales department about this. I will let you know as soon as there's more information available on your order.

- Adam

Advertisement