Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any Road Etiquette among cyclist.

Options
  • 28-07-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So I noticed that a lot of the cyclist I see daily lack any sort of common sense and road etiquette. Jumping through led lights, failing to give way for other cars to ease traffic,blocking pedestrian crossing, clogging up the ongoing cycle lane at a stop light( if they don't go through the red light ) and the list goes on.
    Do you thing this behavior increasing or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Oh deary deary me.... :rolleyes:

This won't end well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Friday!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

SSII wrote: »
    So I noticed that a lot of the cyclist I see daily lack any sort of common sense and road etiquette. Jumping through led lights, failing to give way for other cars to ease traffic,blocking pedestrian crossing, clogging up the ongoing cycle lane at a stop light( if they don't go through the red light ) and the list goes on.

It's like when you get a car, you notice the same type of car all over. It's as present as it ever was, you're just noticing it more.

People are bastards, with bastard filling. Not excusive to cyclists I'm afraid.

Except for salmon cycling. They seem to own that. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So I noticed that a lot of the motorists I see daily lack any sort of common sense and road etiquette. Jumping through led lights, failing to give way for other cars to ease traffic,blocking pedestrian crossing, clogging up the ongoing cycle lane at a stop light( if they don't go through the red light ) and the list goes on.

Works just as well IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

No, it's just you!

Sorry, but there you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

And some of them don't even wear helmets or hiviz!!

*gets popcorn & sits back*

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SSII

Well, I'm not a driver, I cycle daily and I see more and more selfish cyclist that thing they are the only ones using the road. I didn't said that there are no bad drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Oh deary deary me.... :rolleyes:

This won't end well...

Apparently the search function doesn't work until a new user has 10 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Maybe a city centre problem? I don't see any traffic lights on my spins out in Meath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Goddam cyclists breaking red lights. Goddam cyclists stopping at red lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Well, I'm not a driver, I cycle daily and I see more and more selfish cyclist that thing they are the only ones using the road. I didn't said that there are no bad drivers.

So what do you suggest caller?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Plastik wrote: »
    Goddam cyclists breaking red lights. Goddam cyclists stopping at red lights.

Goddam cyclists looking at the lights instead of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I've been on both sides of this fence. There's usually one or two cyclists every day who cycle like pri***. There's usually a few more drivers who drive like **icks . There's no such thing as all cyclists are bad or all drivers are bad. People are just c**ts. Nothing new here .

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Let's close this before all hell breaks loose

OP, maybe you should consider whether you have anything positive to contribute to the forum, as to date all your "contributions" to date have been quite negative

You might also want to go through this recent thread which should tell you everything you need to know about Cycling etiquette:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement