Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lolth advised to post a dispute

Options
  • 28-07-2017 2:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

I have been pursuing a helpdesk ticket in regards to bias moderation in the A&P Forum.

The latest incident Lolth Unapproved said I should open a dispute resolution though I don't want to start numerous threads about the one issue.

I said

So I get a warning today for trolling. Only person on a thread where people are suggesting ways to circumvent the law.

A warning for reminding people they have rights and obligations under Equal Status Act as well as the RTA.

A&P seems to be forum for landlords and mods to 'discuss' way to circumvent the law.

There are temporary measures in place with the RPZ and all discusion regarding ways to put rent up by removing services or adding additional services should be banned.

The post I reacted to was calling me immoral and a bully when I advise tenants should report discrimination to the relevant bodies. some tenants might not be aware of these bodies and the mods here admit they actively encourage people to avoid the RTB so i believe it's important to make sure the information is out there.
    Conductor said
    Dangling the IHREC as a threat (or Threshold- or any other organisation)- to try and browbeat people with- is immoral. If there is a genuine case to be made, for or against any particular practice- let people make the case- and let it be tested in an open and transparent manner.

Threatening people with the RTB/Threshold/EPA Inspectors/The IHREC or any other body- is bullying- plain and simple. If there is a case to be made- make the case- at very least it will provide clarity for others.

I responded with
    This is so problematic, landlords are getting millions in taxpayer money for HAP, RAS schemes but you consider renting to someone on HAP as giving charity though you will get thousands for it.
    You are treating people differently because of their circumstances.

Yes the E key is sticky

I shared the link numerous times.

You and your landlord colleagues threaten tenants on this Forum on a near daily basis.

Do you not think the comments by landlords including you on here are bullying tenants?

This is a forum for Accommodation and Property, not just landlords.
    The bold line was the issue for Graham
    Most posters and mods seem to be landlords so I can't be wrong here. They threaten tenants in that posters on the forum are constantly discussing ways to make tenants lives more difficult, through circumventing the temporary law in place during a crisis.

Graham then asked for a link to prove x and y means discrimination I posted a link from IHREC but was told to stop posting because my interpretation isn't allowed.

I think page 5 of this thread proves my point about bias

three mods from A&P defending landlords.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057767636&page=4

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lolth actually stated that if you are disputing the warning that can be dealt with here. Are you disputing the yellow card you received? If so, have you attempted to resolve the issue directly with the mod who issued the card?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

FEEDBACK ON HARRASMENT by the mods of A&P I'm not disputing as it's futile I just want to highlight it in Feedback so the mods can change their behaviour and become impartial but I'm being directed away from Feedback(I've asked TomDunne to reopen the feedback thread). I got this message today

This whole pushing of- 'I didn't get something therefore I must have been discriminated against agenda'- which you're pushing on several threads- really needs to be better grounded- it is not applicable, or acceptable, to have a default position- where you're pushing such an agenda in the Accommodation and Property Forum- unless the original poster in the threads in question, volunteers information which supports this hypothesis. The opposite is patently the case in this thread. Further- hectoring the posters in threads to try and make a case to support your supposition- is also not acceptable.

Please stick to the facts- rather than making wild suppositions.

I didn't make any assumptions on the 'facts' I just advised the OP can get information from the IHREC.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057770392&page=2

I was criticised for this as the poster didn't know IHREC now covers accommodation. Secondly they focused on the last line of the piece of legislation I posted instead of the line that precedes it which says it's the complainants responsibility to establish the facts.

I really can't post in the A&P forum now without a mod attacking me. All I do is post links to legislation, RTB, IHREC just to provide the tenant with the organisations that can advise them impartially.
    MOD NOTE
    The argument against your suggestion was that the evidence seems to not be supporting your assertion. Your only response was to quote the legislation again with extra bolded parts. This comes across as aggressive and is needless as it adds nothing to the discussion.

Please consider your responses to engage positively with all the forum's users.

Getting advice from an impartial organisation is engaging positively.

Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

gizmo81 wrote: »
    I'm not disputing as it's futile
    This thread is done then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement