Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot password!

Options
  • 28-07-2017 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any whizz kids out there know of any way to get past a password? Major senior moment means that I've forgotten the password on an older, little used laptop. FWIW it's an acer, running Windows Vista. I've tried every possible permutation of every likely password that I might use. I never did a restore/ recovery. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Download lazesoft recovery media. Burn it to a disc then insert it and boot old laptop from cd and run the software. There is an option to delete password once done restart laptop and you should be good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Download lazesoft recovery media. Burn it to a disc then insert it and boot old laptop from cd and run the software. There is an option to delete password once done restart laptop and you should be good to go
    Thanks for that. I tried that approach last night and hit some issues. Probably something I'm doing wrong! Will take a look see again today. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Still trying. Downloaded that software to a memory stick and when I go through the process, I keep getting a message telling me that its not a recovery disc. When I want to boot from the usb stick, how do I know how to identify it on the boot menu? Apologies for my ignorance and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

sogood wrote: »
    Still trying. Downloaded that software to a memory stick and when I go through the process, I keep getting a message telling me that its not a recovery disc. When I want to boot from the usb stick, how do I know how to identify it on the boot menu? Apologies for my ignorance and thanks.

Burn the software to a disc

Advertisement