Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to UK

• 28-07-2017 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,
    I'm planning on moving to somewhere in England, soon. I'm an Irish Citizen, 20 years old and looking to work there for a while. I want to defer college here in Ireland for a year and travel to England during that time.
    I'm unsure where the best locations would be, close to cities, work, good transport and reasonable rent.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ThatDonone wrote: »
    I'm unsure where the best locations would be, close to cities, work, good transport and reasonable rent.

This is the problem, anywhere with good transport and work is not going to be cheap to rent, especially any decent parts of London.

It might help if you said what type of work you'll be looking for - do you have any skills or would you just be looking for casual bar/fast food/waiting work?

London rents have gone crazy, maybe consider places like Liverpool, Glasgow, Newcastle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ThatDonone

coylemj wrote: »
    This is the problem, anywhere with good transport and work is not going to be cheap to rent, especially any decent parts of London.

It might help if you said what type of work you'll be looking for - do you have any skills or would you just be looking for casual bar/fast food/waiting work?

London rents have gone crazy, maybe consider places like Liverpool, Glasgow, Newcastle etc.

I'm currently working in a retail shop, as an assistant, looking into Team Leader. I'd like something similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭goochy

What part of Ireland you live ? Would a move elsewhere in ireland be better ? Imagine outside of London n south east things are a bit slow and you won't find it easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The regional UK cities can have good transport links to farish out suburbs, however avoid London. Retail jobs won't cover the rent in anywhere worth living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
Advertisement