Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods DISGRACE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

duffman13 wrote: »
    Pay your debts and have a peaceful life otherwise return the goods and never use Littlewoods again.

Peaceful either way won't make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Morpork wrote: »
    No its not the same because it's not what I said either. If the external company passed them information then they now have that. If he requested it he would find out why.

It's obvious why they don't want to give him anymore credit, would you?

TonyStark wrote: »
    Just run a credit check on yourself on the ICB. It's cheaper 6 quid. But you do have to pay up front.

Paying isn't something the OP likes to do obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

It's obvious why they don't want to give him anymore credit, would you?

Yes it's obvious and no I wouldn't.
    It was discovered why from his thread 3 years ago. After I made my first post. I was simply responding to you, that's all.

Listen yeah, I'm not afraid of littlewoods, everyone on here trying to make out as if i fear them, they are 100% in the wrong, they should have gotten their facts right from the start instead of giving me goods then trying to change their mind because they failed the first time to do a proper background check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Pay them the money for goods they supplied otherwise face the consequences.

Disgrace isn't it....

liam650 wrote: »
    Listen yeah, I'm not afraid of littlewoods, everyone on here trying to make out as if i fear them, they are 100% in the wrong, they should have gotten their facts right from the start instead of giving me goods then trying to change their mind because they failed the first time to do a proper background check

I didn't see any posts suggesting you fear them, however as you imply they failed to do a proper background check, did you fill in the credit application account honestly, if not they might pursue you for fraud.

They were 100% in the wrong, but at least they remedied their mistake by closing your account

Might be worthwhile seeing if this site returns useful information, perhaps it's only for the UK, but as Littlewoods parent company is UK based it might have some information.

https://www.clearscore.com

If I was you I'd be more concerned about how your past behaviour might affect future mortgage applications, car loans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Liam, you sound like you are very bad with money. How old are you?

You need to stop wasting money you don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Liam are you for real???? They are 100% obliged to carry out credit checks and are also entitled to refuse you any more credit. They obviously, upon further checks, saw how untrustworthy you were previously and have taken the precautions to prevent any further hassle from you. You are using the fact that they chose to carry out these checks after the fact, which they are perfectly entitled to do. You should use this experience as a wake up call. You are NOT entitled to credit from anybody! And buying off littlewoods is not the cleverest idea. Your sense of entitlement is overpowering. I suggest you wait until you've grown up a little to shop online again.

Did you buy something from them? If so, did you pay for it in full? If not, they are entitled to seek payment. As for being refused credit, it's their right to do so. You might be risking future loans, e.g. for house or car, by ignoring your debts now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Looks as though the OP has a nasty habit of running up bills and then refusing to pay them, based on the posting history. The cheek of these companies chasing him for money! I'm amazed he doesn't sue for harassment...

On a serious note. Get in contact with Littlewoods. If you can't afford to pay in full, fine. Offer then a fiver a week. I guarantee they will take it. Better some money, than goose egg. AFAIK, with the advent of the new credit register, if you owe more than E500, then the debt is registered, and it will impact on your credit. Mortgage, utilities, mobile contracts, rent, - you name it.

It is in YOUR interest to get this sorted.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/95610769

Customers refusing to pay are the reason why companies like Vodafone demand deposits.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/95610769

Customers refusing to pay are the reason why companies like Vodafone demand deposits.

Hmm - I'm beginning to wonder. Can't afford it, or won't pay it? Either way, looks as though the chickens are coming home to roost!

So far they have been paid up to date as per the credit agreement but we are at a standoff position now, who is going to blink first, hopefully they take responsibility and accept my request for a credit limit increase so we can move on from this fiasco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I can't see them increasing your limit if you are threatening not to pay them. It's a big risk for little reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Innocent123

Who blinks first??? So you refuse to pay them for the goods you entered into an agreement for unless they offer you more credit? This can only end one way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

So far they have been paid up to date as per the credit agreement but we are at a standoff position now, who is going to blink first, hopefully they take responsibility and accept my request for a credit limit increase so we can move on from this fiasco

You seem to think you're dealing with a person rather than a company?
    There's no "who blinks first" they don't have to increase your credit limit because you want them to and you refusing to pay your debts is certainly not going to show them that you're a good customer to give more money too!!
    Pay your bills and then consider asking for more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

TonyStark wrote: »
    It's cheaper 6 quid. But you do have to pay up front.

Loved that line. Well played

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Customers who don't pay, DISGRACE!

What is it with LittleWoods and people not paying? Why do people actually assume they can order stuff for free and not pay it? Someone I know was giving out in the past they they closed their account for "no reason" but it was likely he wasn't paying them, what with the lack of a job and all.

Someone I know renting a property kept getting debt collectors letters for the previous tenant who racked up several hundred Euro with them along with it monthly increasing late fees.

The people doing this are probably the ones who think they can get a bill pay phone and just not pay the monthly fees. I heard of a guy bragging how he got a brand new top of the line phone once and was boasting about how he got it cheap and won't pay the bills. If only there was a way to track him down. They really need to ask for proof of address and some form of official photo ID when setting these things up! :rolleyes:

Sorry to tell you but you can't get everything in life "on tick". Even if you're up to date on payments at the moment they have absolutely no reason to increase your credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Commercial company refuses to give credit increase to a customer with a poor credit record!

You think they are doing something wrong?

I think you need to look at yourself, if you can't afford an item, do without. Thinking you must get something and then pay for it on extortionate credit terms just builds up problems.

But to blame them for your own bad financial management is just plain ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Seems the op has history of not paying littlewoods previously in 2014.

They engaged Intrum Justicia (part of stubbs gazette) to chase the debt.

And he wonders why they close the account???

Hmmm...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103339717&postcount=1

It appears the OP is planning on leaving the country soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Moral of the story dont buy things if you dont have the money upfront to buy it in the first place.unless i have the money for something myself i dont buy.simple i dont take out a loan or buy on credit.its called saving up for something you want or need

.its called saving up for something you want or need

No, it's called being a mature responsible adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Must be nice having the luxury of being paid to go to college while the rest of us work to supply it for you. Have you tried getting a job and paying for stuff yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

No, it's called being a mature responsible adult.

Yes well true but i hope you understand what i was trying to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OP, you haven't a leg to stand on. If what you posted here over the years is true, you can't have been honest on your application. In and out of education for what seems like the last 6 years, on JSA, cited in Stubbs for unpaid debts, etc. etc.
    No self respecting business would extend credit on any individual with a poor payment and employment record.

I find your attitude to the whole thing bewildering and quite non-credible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Moral of the story dont buy things if you dont have the money upfront to buy it in the first place.unless i have the money for something myself i dont buy.simple i dont take out a loan or buy on credit.its called saving up for something you want or need
    I decide not to buy stuff for myself several times every month in this mindset.

lukesmom wrote: »
    Liam are you for real????

Honestly can't decide whether this is legit or a troll. Not you, Lukesmom, the OP.

He's had previous issues with littlewoods to the point debt collectors were involved, now s/he is OUTRAGED! that they've shut off his/her credit for conflicting information on his/her account.

• Advertisement

Liam - may I ask?

Why do you think you deserve a credit increase?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement