Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods DISGRACE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Only fair you pay for item/s ordered and kept by you.
    To be honest the tone in your posts sounds "off" to my reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

liam650 wrote: »
    So far they have been paid up to date as per the credit agreement but we are at a standoff position now, who is going to blink first, hopefully they take responsibility and accept my request for a credit limit increase so we can move on from this fiasco

OP, if you ran a shop would you give somebody extra credit when they were refusing to pay what they owed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

I read some of the previous posts of the OP. He is either trolling or he's a very angry, bitter, entitled young man. He cannot handle money, that much is clear, and has difficulty accepting reality. That is - companies can and will tell him 'No'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I read some of the previous posts of the OP. He is either trolling or he's a very angry, bitter, entitled young man. He cannot handle money, that much is clear, and has difficulty accepting reality. That is - companies can and will tell him 'No'.
    Coming across as a child with a lot of growing up to do...young man that age should be well able to handle his money not trying to spend beyond his means and then giving out about not getting credit.
    OP if you don't reel your neck in you will end up in serious financial trouble at a young age ..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Peintre Celebre infracted for insulting comment.

A gentle reminder to all posters to stay civil, refrain from making personal comments and to offer constructive advice.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Op wouldn't give himself a loan from the sounds of it.
    Love the standoff who's going to blink. A company like little woods don't even know your waiting for a reaction. Your nothing but an abberation on their books one they seek to remedy and remove. The only victim long term will be the op if chooses not to engage and pay up and upfront in all purchases credit limit is beside the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Can I ask how much you owe them and while (for whatever reason that I honestly can't fathom) you refuse to pay them, is it worth damaging a credit score, if littlewoods refuse to sell to you going forward, you will be stuck because most other retails (Argos, Harvey Norman etc) use them same system and you may be blackballer by all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭whiskeygirl

What a twatty thread. People digging through OP's post history and then talking down to him/slagging him off so they can make themselves feel superior.

What a twatty thread. People digging through OP's post history and then talking down to him/slagging him off so they can make themselves feel superior.

In what way? The OP freely admits in previous posts that he has form for running up debts which he cannot or will not pay. Why would anyone feel superior about that??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭blackbox

OP, you'll soon be getting a refund for the payments you made to Irish Water. You can use that to pay your debt to Littlewoods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

In fairness, i think for this consumer issue thread, the issue is the consumer. He also received good advice, however thus far, has heeded none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

The OP, who has studied "Business Management" to degree level came here outraged that a company had decided to no longer offer him credit.

I would hope that a degree course in Business Management would teach students about credit control and he should have understood why the account was closed.

In addition one of his posts indicates that he wants the state (us) to pay for him to sit at home for a week before he emigrates. (In addition to the state aid provided legitimately while studying)

I'm not sure if could be considered superior to him, I had to work for everything I have, whereas the OP gets away without paying. I think that makes me the fool not him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't think ignoring all the pertinent facts, posted publicly by the OP, would be any basis to discuss this particular Consumer Issue. Does telling the OP the truth - that he is wrong - constitute slagging off? Sad days if that is the measure of responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Liam, now is the time to start growing up and taking ownership of your debt. Littlewoods owe you nothing. You owe them money, they are not going to allow you build up anymore debt. That is their choice. You seem to resent paying what you owe. Pay what you own and don't get into debt again if you don't want to pay. At the end of the day you need to drop the entitled attitude, grow up and pay what you owe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

liam650 wrote:
    well they said they do not have to share the conflicting information they found but 2 can play at that game...... due to conflicting information I cannot make payment to them now and i use my rights to withhold the reasons, just like they did, we will see how smart they are now

This is called stealing.
    You bought goods and you need to pay for them.
    The conflicting information is you not telling them that you have defaulted on credit agreements before.
    The title of the thread is very unfair on littlewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

Any professional organisation should make a decision first time around, their initial decision was to approve me, great and i got some goods, made a payment all going swimmingly then out of no where decide to change their minds. That is just unprofessional, a company should have the wherewithal to be smart enough first time around. It got my hopes up that i could have some new goods and pay every month but i was played along like a puppet and let down

Any professional organisation should make a decision first time around, their initial decision was to approve me, great and i got some goods, made a payment all going swimmingly then out of no where decide to change their minds. That is just unprofessional, a company should have the wherewithal to be smart enough first time around. It got my hopes up that i could have some new goods and pay every month but i was played along like a puppet and let down

If you keep saying it often enough and loud enough it may become plausible to you. But, you're still wrong and I'm sure, having read and agreed to them, you were fully aware of their terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Credit decisions are often subject to continuous review and can be revoked/altered as required. It is not unprofessional, it is highly professional.

It really might be time for you to stop using credit services and work off a cash basis. If you can't afford it, then don't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mumm_ra

Why get yourself in this sort of bs - just stop buying for a while and then buy with your own money - don't complain when somebody doesn't want to lend you money - would you lend you money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

If they'd said no and then sent a letter saying they'd made a mistake and were willing to extend credit would you still be outraged? Or would you have grabbed it and started buying things happily?
    Is it only a disgrace when it works against you in other words....

• Advertisement

If they'd said no and then sent a letter saying they'd made a mistake and were willing to extend credit would you still be outraged? Or would you have grabbed it and started buying things happily?
    Is it only a disgrace when it works against you in other words....

If they rectified their mistake then i would 100% take back what i said but this is 99.99999% not going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

I'm absolutely fuming, after getting some goods from littlewoods they all of a sudden decide to cut my account from getting further orders with the bulls**t line of

"After further checks, I regret to inform you that we cannot accept any further orders on this account. This is due to conflicting information that we were not previously aware of. If you have any outstanding balance on the account you should make your payment as requested on your statement"

Also refusing to give me a credit increase and the cheek to request payment even though i cannot order any more goods, like who do they think they are? I'm so so mad, the society we live in today eh, ive a good mind to leave them off now altogether

So something triggered further checks on your account - presumably your refusal to fully pay for previous goods you had purchased from them. And you think Littlewoods are the disgrace?? Really??

If they rectified their mistake then i would 100% take back what i said but this is 99.99999% not going to happen

But... what mistake?

But... what mistake?

their mistake of not increasing my credit limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Don't feed the troll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

So it's only unprofessional when you're not getting your own way.

Oh, I give up. This makes no sense.

So it's only unprofessional when you're not getting your own way.

if a unprofessional act is rectified then their are grounds for it to be reversed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

If I was you I'd say "righteo - no bother lads" and in future I'd buy everything with cash up front. That'll show them, because they won't get their interest charges off you anymore.

• Advertisement

Are you kidding me? It's the company prerogative to refuse. I am quite sure if you bothered to read said T's & C's it would tell you precisely that. Did you read them?

I asked you earlier - Why do you think you deserve a credit limit increase given the fact you do not pay your bills (by your own admission)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement