Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods DISGRACE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

At the end of the day they dont have to offer you more credit and can lower your credit allowance as they so wish its there company.just pay up what you owe and dont get anything else off them.In future dont buy on credit have the money first before buying the item/items you want

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

liam650 wrote: »
    their mistake of not increasing my credit limit

Unless you have proven you can handle your current limit why should They?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

That wasn't a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

Are you kidding me? It's the company prerogative to refuse. I am quite sure if you bothered to read said T's & C's it would tell you precisely that. Did you read them?

I asked you earlier - Why do you think you deserve a credit limit increase given the fact you do not pay your bills (by your own admission)?

Based on the fact i made the first payment, and i do pay my bills, there has been a handful of occasions where service providers have been unprofessional in dealing with me and i had to teach them a lesson by not paying its the only way they will learn, but thankfully its a rare occurrence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Based on the fact i made the first payment, and i do pay my bills, there has been a handful of occasions where service providers have been unprofessional in dealing with me and i had to teach them a lesson by not paying its the only way they will learn, but thankfully its a rare occurrence

Learn what exactly? For a guy who reckons he has a degree and is studying for a Masters, you seem to be remarkably obtuse.

Littlewoods do not give a shiny sh1te about you. Do you not see that? Their rating will not be affected by a silly little boy who cannot or will not pay. They have enough customers thank you. The only person affected will be YOU!!

• Advertisement

Maybe they didnt want to extend your credit because you still owed them money and were afraid you might do a runner and not pay the full balance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,680 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Z4UqVXn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You owe them money you do not have the right or bases to "teach them a lesson" Cope on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

This thread is pure comedy gold, keep going please!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No that was years ago that is all water under the bridge now we have moved on to the here and now
    Up the old tricks of ordering stuff online, and not paying for it, are you?
    accept my request for a credit limit increase so we can move on from this fiasco
    Why would they increase your credit limit when you have a history or having issues paying them?
    Actually, increasing your credit limit would be their mistake.
    You want to know why they won't increase your credit limit? Well, I bolded the reason above :pac:

• Advertisement

No wonder they can charge extortionate prices for their goods with all their supporters on here backing them up, the state this nation is in is just crazy, what happened to backing up your fellow man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

No wonder they can have to charge extortionate prices for their goods with all their supporters on here backing them up people not paying for goods, the state this nation is in is just crazy, what happened to backing up your fellow man being responsible for your own actions

FIXED YOUR POST

No wonder they can charge extortionate prices for their goods with all their supporters on here backing them up, the state this nation is in is just crazy, what happened to backing up your fellow man

We would if you payed what you owed first.pay up and then order more simple.fyi its people not paying for stuff is the real reason they charge what they like and high interest rates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

If you think their prices are extortionate, the interest rates are even worse, surely someone educated in business matters would have the sense to obtain credit from cheaper sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Of course they can charge the rates because people like you buy from them.

As the saying goes "There is always one"

Surley someone doing a masters in business would know there rights jaysus they teach you all about that in secondary school

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

The OP is lucky the debt wasn't in the UK. By 'teaching them a lesson' Littlewoods would have him in court and the bailiffs knocking so fast, his head would spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Liam I'm sure your a troll having us all on but either way I've had a great laugh at your replies. I've always had the policy if you can't afford it...don't buy it. Don't get me wrong I'm not on my high horse , I've been on jobseekers in the past and know what it's like to be tempted to buy on credit but you shouldn't if you can't afford it. If your having these money issues contact mabs or citizens information. Littlewoods owe you nothing. Your not entitled. Pay what you owe and move on.
    Another tip, open a credit union account or savings account. Throw in a fiver or a tenner a week

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Liam I'm sure your a troll having us all on but either way I've had a great laugh at your replies. I've always had the policy if you can't afford it...don't buy it. Don't get me wrong I'm not on my high horse , I've been on jobseekers in the past and know what it's like to be tempted to buy on credit but you shouldn't if you can't afford it. If your having these money issues contact mabs or citizens information. Littlewoods owe you nothing. Your not entitled. Pay what you owe and move on.
    Another tip, open a credit union account or savings account. Throw in a fiver or a tenner a week

Thats what i do or open a post office account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

OP do you have any idea how a business works? Grow up, accept some responsibility and pay your debts!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Unless you get a serious attitude adjustment you are in for a hard life.
    Going by your posts you seem like a fairly care free young man, maybe still living at home/alone.

Fast forward a few years, wife and kids.
    Mortgage? No way
    Car Finance? Nope

It's about time you grew up and accepted some responsibility for yourself, teaching service providers a lesson by not paying them only damages one thing, you're credit rating.
    And unfortunately in this life, very few people can get by without credit of some kind.

Hogzy wrote: »
    OP do you have any idea how a business works? Grow up, accept some responsibility and pay your debts!!!!!
    Hes apparently doing a masters in business so it amazes me how little he seems to know

I am highly educated, i'm aware of everything, just is just about principle and morale

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I am highly educated, i'm aware of everything, just is just about principle and morale

What principles and i assume you mean morals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Of taking things and not paying for them?
    Indeed.... There's a high moral ground there alright :D

Look suck it up as a life lesson dont buy on credit.pay what you owe close your account and move on.rather pay 200 euro or whatever it is than the cost of a day in small claims court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Stheno wrote: »
    What principles and i assume you mean morals?

Sure he's highly educated he means morale of course. The morale of the littlewoods workers who will have no jobs when everyone helps themselves and doesn't pay.

The arrogant littlewoods workers with terrible communication skills and desperate English, yeah such a shame they will be jobless

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ah lads ye don't believe this is real, right?

If I was any company, I'd run away from this lad ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

I am highly educated

Define highly educated because this thread shows you haven't a clue what you are on about, did you omit something(intentionally not tell them as you knew they would refuse you) upon taking out your credit agreement with Littlewoods?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement