Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods DISGRACE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

Sono wrote: »
    Define highly educated because this thread shows you haven't a clue what you are on about, did you omit something(intentionally not tell them as you knew they would refuse you) upon taking out your credit agreement with Littlewoods?

Absolutely not, was truthful in every detail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

liam650 wrote: »
    The arrogant littlewoods workers with terrible communication skills and desperate English, yeah such a shame they will be jobless

As someone who has experience of being jobless I would expect more sympathy. But I guess it's another example of your selfishness and greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

Absolutely not, was truthful in every detail

You must have an idea why they are saying the agreement is no longer in place.

As someone who has experience of being jobless I would expect more sympathy. But I guess it's another example of your selfishness and greed.

I assume you are not arrogant and can communicate with the English language? if so then i'm sorry you had experience on welfare

I assume you are not arrogant and can communicate with the English language? if so then i'm sorry you had experience on welfare

I was of course referring to your experience of being on welfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Did you not ever stop to think they made an error in increasing your limit.maybe a supervisor was going over applications and didnt agree with the initial request to approve your application for an increase and cancelled it ?

Did you not ever stop to think they made an error in increasing your limit.maybe a supervisor was going over applications and didnt agree with the initial request to approve your application for an increase and cancelled it ?

That is very possible but highly unprofessional

If it is what happended then yes it is but sure thats life just move on as i said pay off what you owe and close your account and be done with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I've come across loads of gomies like this fella. Has some sort of unfounded sense of entitlement, thinks not paying his debts is a moral victory over big bad corporations. Probably the same lad who borrows money off his mates and gets narky when asked for it back and tells them they're being cheeky.

Rotten attitude shame how common it is sadly

I've come across loads of gomies like this fella. Has some sort of unfounded sense of entitlement, thinks not paying his debts is a moral victory over big bad corporations. Probably the same lad who borrows money off his mates and gets narky when asked for it back and tells them they're being cheeky.

Rotten attitude shame how common it is sadly

Actually you are incorrect, I just ensure these companies play by the rules under my watch and i never borrow money from friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I wouldn't give op credit either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Actually you are incorrect, I just ensure these companies play by the rules under my watch and i never borrow money from friends

By the rules you make up rather than the actual legally binding rules which are the terms and conditions of the agreement.

I really would love to know where you got this education that failed to tell you how the law works.

Stheno wrote: »
    What principles and i assume you mean morals?
    Getting free stuff would keep my morale up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I think they are playing by the rules but you just don't like the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So far they have been paid up to date as per the credit agreement but we are at a standoff position now, who is going to blink first, hopefully they take responsibility and accept my request for a credit limit increase so we can move on from this fiasco

No company is obliged to give you credit. Why do you think credit is due to you?
    Based on the fact i made the first payment, and i do pay my bills, there has been a handful of occasions where service providers have been unprofessional in dealing with me and i had to teach them a lesson by not paying its the only way they will learn, but thankfully its a rare occurrence

Sounds like you make up something to not pay. The only terms and conditions that matter are the company you are dealing with, no company will accept your terms and conditions. I would love to know why you refused to pay on those "rare occurances".
    I am highly educated, i'm aware of everything, just is just about principle and morale

:eek:

Why is it highly unprofessional? Do you even know what that means? You use it every time you don't agree with a decision "it's highly unprofessional". It doesn't make sense to be honest.

Play by what rules? Who are you to decide which company gets paid and which company does not.

"however i am moving abroad to work 10 days after i finish up so could i put down a week further for the exams to get a further payment"

This extract from your other post is also disconcerting. You are asking how to scam the state out of a further weeks pay. Not very honorable, or legal for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭893bet

After you finish your masters you should get a job with the central bank maybe? Or the financial regulator? Or ombudsman?

They will probably fight over you infairness. Desperate to engage your...Erm ..... Watching services.

If you feel like u have a case file a report with the ombudsman other than that as ive said already suck it up and move on pay off your account and close it and dont buy anything off them again.fyi if u dont pay and u leave the country i hope your parents have the money and are very forgiving because they turn up on there door step Looking for there money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

OP - a question if I may.

You had a previously unpaid debt with Littlewoods, so it seems. Is your current account with them open under the same details? Or is it possible you used a new email address and / or phone number to seem like a completely new customer, and they have now linked the two accounts?

You had a previously unpaid debt with Littlewoods, so it seems. Is your current account with them open under the same details? Or is it possible you used a new email address and / or phone number to seem like a completely new customer, and they have now linked the two accounts?

Sounds like the most logic answer i would think it unlikely if u been paying off your account all long the would do what they did

Sounds like the most logic answer i would think it unlikely if u been paying off your account all long the would do what they did

Absolutely not, that is well in the past and has been settled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It was only 4 years ago.

It was only 4 years ago.

Completely settled

Well quite honestly i dunno maybe they saw your past account and didnt want to take the risk of increasing your credit limit.only think it could be the past will always come back to bite you in the ass even if u think its settled it will still affect u somewhere along the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Completely settled

You've paid your previous bill in full?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

This thread right from the OP is utterly mystifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You've paid your previous bill in full?

Ended up in Stubbs Gazette though, so why would they run the risk again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

But you also seem to have problems paying off other utilities and paying in general. What were interim Justia on to you about?

Your cocky attitude towards suppliers and in general seems to have effected your credit record. What's going to happen when you apply for a mortgage?

The best advice has to be to contact the ICB and get your credit score.

You'd really want to grow up OP and take responsibility for your actions. It's extremely foolish behaviour.

The only one you are damaging is yourself. You've a long road ahead and need a decent credit score to get anything in life, you'd best cop onto yourself and straighten yourself out.

Ended up in Stubbs Gazette though, so why would they run the risk again?

Actually didn't end up there was only a threat by a collection agency, in the end they agreed to write off the debt and make a clean slate to start over at my leisure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Actually didn't end up there was only a threat by a collection agency, in the end they agreed to write off the debt and make a clean slate to start over at my leisure

So the debt was wrote off, they lost money

And you're wondering why they won't give you more money?

• Advertisement

OP you never answered this question!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement