Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

things to check before renting out a room in own house

• 28-07-2017 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

i m thinking of renting a spare room in my house for few months but worried about the potential bad tenant after reading other posts in this forum.

can you suggest what should i look for before renting my place ? like past referral etc..
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Gut instinct should not be ignored. Leave notice periods silent and you can terminate with reasonable notice on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rizdub

Thanks for this information.
    we have small kids in the house so want to share with someone responsible and understanding of the surroundings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Shivers09

In a similar situation here - 2 small kids in the house and we've been renting the spare rooms to students for the last couple of years without any major hassles. One thing that's made a huge difference to us is that we've kept our sitting room as our private space. It makes things so much easier, particularly with small kids. We have a large enough kitchen/diner so there's plenty of room to hang around in there and watch tv etc. Would you try taking a shorter term tenant (a month or so), maybe from a language school, and see how you get on before committing to taking someone in for a year?

Advertisement