Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powermax Visonic Mct320 problems

Options
  • 28-07-2017 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Guys, Im hoping one of you can give a very confused man a dig out 🀔. Recently we are having problems with the above since i replaced the battery. The connection is very hit and miss some times i get red light on opening and closing sometimes i dont, which results in bypassing to set alarm. Any ideas all suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Replace the contact I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

RANDAL wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Im hoping one of you can give a very confused man a dig out 🀔. Recently we are having problems with the above since i replaced the battery. The connection is very hit and miss some times i get red light on opening and closing sometimes i dont, which results in bypassing to set alarm. Any ideas all suggestions appreciated.

If you can still hear the reed opening and closing then the units receiver has gone faulty.
    Common problem with that particular sensor.
    MCT302 is a better replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RANDAL

Hi Altor, not exactly sure what you mean, thanks again though.

Hi Altor, not exactly sure what you mean, thanks again though.

If you listen to the sensor you should be able to hear the reed opening while opening the door.
    If you can then it's the receiver gone in the sensor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With these alarms the fault is nearly always going to be the wireless sensor/contact.
    Have you a meter to double check the battery? Also maybe try power cycle the device by removing the battery & waiting a minute before replacing it.

• Advertisement

The battery will always receive the sensor like a reset but will just return to same condition.
    Replace if faulty is the only option.

I agree.
    KoolKid wrote: »
    Replace the contact I'd say.

Id agree also.
    altor wrote: »
    If you can still hear the reed opening and closing then the units receiver has gone faulty.
    Common problem with that particular sensor.
    MCT302 is a better replacement.

It seems to be resolved, basically we replaced a new Duracel battery (original replacement when we started getting faults) with a new Panasonic cr2, not sure why this worked other than my wife saying she vaguely remembered something about not using Duracel.

Thanks for the update. It's always worth trying the simple things before parting with your hard earned money.
    If it comes up again replace the unit though.

• Advertisement

It seems to be resolved, basically we replaced a new Duracel battery (original replacement when we started getting faults) with a new Panasonic cr2, not sure why this worked other than my wife saying she vaguely remembered something about not using Duracel.

May of been a issue with the battery but Id expect a low battery than an open zone if that was the case.

Thanks for the update.

In the past a low battery would result in message on screen, on this occasion it was open zone. At time of installation, installer did remark we should not use Duracel, why I can not remember.

Generally Duracell or Panasonic.
    We've all seen the dodgy ones that can go on fire.:eek:

In the past a low battery would result in message on screen, on this occasion it was open zone. At time of installation, installer did remark we should not use Duracel, why I can not remember.

Id always use duracel or CR2 Panasonic.
    Could of just been the battery.

Advertisement